Detector(s) used
Minelab X terror 70 !!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will be starting prospecting tomorrow,getting in northwest of imlay

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Rye Patch, also known as Majuba Placers, is a checkerboard of public land, most of which is under claim, and private land, much of which is posted. Please be sure of the status of any property you plan on prospecting. Doing so will help avoid unpleasantries with both property owners and claim holders.

Time for coffee.

OP
OP
V

valuepit2

Jul 16, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab X terror 70 !!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got back early from rye patch did my homework thoroughly and here is the result:research was a waste of time ,entering the rye patch area looked confusing ripped out claim sticks ,barrel markers in an "make no sense arrangement " we decided to pull in to prospector camps and ask some guys where is claim free ground for prospecting,they were all very friendly and helpful,we been told most of the area is open to prospect,except property close to the. Majuba mtns is private and properly posted,a prospector club had their outing and told us the same.We didn't find any gold but some nice quarz crystal got a few good readings on my x70 digging a hole deeper than our arms could reach ,was a fun exploratory trip topped off at a Harley treff in Winnemucca!Gonna do it again ,taking my Quad next time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions