D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With little trash a large coil is good but the 8x5 coil in my eyes works best on the ATP. You're not missing much with the 8x5 and you get better target signals... Just my opinion...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In wide open spaces with little trash, a large coil can make a big difference on coverage. I'd get a Big NEL, NEL Attack, or Coiltec WOT coil.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I tested numerous coils on the AT Pro for Kellyco and the those that stood out were the NEL Tornado and the NEL Sharpshooter and the Garrett 5x8. The NEL Attack was a few inches deeper but not as sensitive as the Tornado or the smaller coils. The Garrett 8x11 stock coil, while a good coil, was bested by the Tornado and the two smaller coils for all around performance.

In my view, the Tornado was best all around in terms of depth combined with sensitivity while the Sharpshooter and Garrett 5x8 were best on sensitivity and separation capability. Depending on where you hunt and what you're after, you won't go wrong with any of these three.

Just the results of my test. Your mileage may vary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread