Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
My son really speak highly of the Nel Coils, but recently he just got sponsored by Mars MD and he got all the Mars Gear. He says that the Mars Goliath swamps the performance all around on the Nel equivalents. Mars HQ does ship all over the world too.

My experience them though, I have none, I like other machines and coils.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a tornado for my atp. Course I can't bring myself to put my deus down to try it, hah. I may bring it along on my morning field hunt tomorrow and see how it goes. I really just want more coverage. Not terribly concerned with digging past 6-7" in parks. Most the goodies are sub 5".

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recommend the Cors Strike/Nel Tornado, If you are looking for greater depth. The Strike/Tornado will give a solid 8 inch reading on a dime, mind you I was swinging 1-2 inches above the ground because of grass. When I measured the depth of the dime it was 8 inches from bottom of hole to top of dirt. Either way get any coil bigger than the stock AT Pro coil, but stay away from the XL coils like those in the 14 in + range. Those are just over kill IMO.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Very happy with my CORS scout coil on the AT Gold. Seems to be about a 3 inch increase in depth vs the 5 x 8 plus about twice as much ground coverage per swing. I wanted a bigger coil specifically for hunting open fields and this one works well. HH!

OP
OP
U

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thank you all for your input because I have really wanted to try a bigger coil so I can recheck some old house places

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread