Would You Do This For 50 Cents

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a local abandoned school that I have hunted many times before. It was raining the whole time but I did manage to pull some finds. I was detecting by the baseball field that has been good before and was swinging around and got a good quarter signal. The signal was in a giant pile of dog ****. So I ended up digging through it with my shovel and there were two quarters within. The dog must have had the quarters for dinner. This is by far the most disgusting retrieval I have ever done. The question is would you go through some dog poop to pull 50 cents lol? Other than the poop quarters I managed to get 12 more quarters, 13 dimes, 2 nickels, and 11 pennies. Hope your day wasn't as shity as mine lol. HH, Zach.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug through cow plop for pennies. Remember we do this for fun. If your lookn' for the profit your in the wrong hobby.:laughing7:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
The dog poop makes wonderful growing medium for Coprinus comatus, an edible anti-cancerous fungus. Outside of St. Lewis, MO wagon trains starting on the Oregon Trail would come across fields of this mushroom. Sometimes they made an ink from it, and wrote their diaries using the ink. Have one of those diaries in my family's possession. Oh, other critters poop makes good C.c. growing substrate as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread