rickster

Greenie
Nov 23, 2015
chicago il
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick silver- Ace250 - Whites M-6 - at Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. I found this great little park next to a school. Have been working it for over a month. It has given up 201 quarters - 75 dimes - 20 nickles - 50 pennies and 4 sterling silver rings. One ring is a 1971 high school from Brooklyn New York. Funny to find that there. Each hunt was about 2 to 3 hours. I might go back and look around the school. Oldest quarters were 1965 and 1967s . If I find any more quarters I will give a total of what I find. Happy hunting Rickster

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How old is the school and the park? I have a honey hole of a school that was built in the mid 1800's and had been added onto over the years. My oldest coin found there is an 1894 barber quarter and the next oldest is a 1902 Barber dime. It also gave up some silver mercs, rosies and a couple quarters. I have pulled out well over $200 in face value from that school. I hunted it yesterday for about 3 hours and pulled a little over $8 in clad. I also found a park that I pounded in 2014 that was started in the 1970's, virgin site, not older coins, but it also produced over $200 in clad. I gridded the 3 acres and hit it in 3 directions. Clad helpd fund the hobby. I rather hunt permissions, but there are times that a great clad haul fits the bill.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
how is it that you have more quarters than pennies ? Are you passing pennies by TID ?

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have detected a park for the past 2 days and I have 31 quarters, 40 dimes, 4 nickles and 21 pennies so you don't always find more pennies especially if no one has hunted the park. The best part about this park is I haven't scratched surface yet. I would guess hunting 2 hrs a day I can probably hunt this park for 2 more months or more

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread