gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to go out this weekend for a full day 1/2 looking for coins and the other half in the river. Tried to find a nugget or picker with the gold bug but came up empty. so decided to pan for a couple of hours in a new area, not the greatest results but was finding some gold. the coins that I found were a 1946 dime, 1926 merc, and 1918 walker which I was pretty excited about pulling out. I probably found around eight wheat pennies all pre 1940 and a 1965 quarter which I do not know how that ended up in there. I do not think that this is a ring but am wondering what it is it did beep just like silver so thought I had a coin. I have yet to find a silver quarter hopefully I can eventually get one.
IMG_0709.JPG IMG_0709.JPG

Upvote 0

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Congratulations on the silver coins and GOLD! You are right: that is not a ring. I think it is a cap top.

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is a cap top? this ring has no creases or seames at all and is solid metal There is no inscription on the inside of the "band". just one of the odd things you find.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That must suck to only find a half and some gold. Lol. Poor quarter, I'm sure she's in there somewhere [emoji106]. Congrats!

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob I have permission to search a really good spot for older coins I do not know what I am going to do when that dries up. As far as the gold most if not all streams around me have gold in them just not enough to make it anymore then a hobby but it is still fun to look and I will continue to look with the gold bug for a nugget. I have found small nuggets while panning in years past so I know they are there.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro