AT-PRO or White Matrix m6 ?

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have locally, both used, like new detectors for sale. Both asking $400. A Garrett AT-pro, and a White's Matrix M6. I know the retail for the M6 is a fair bid higher, but which would better fit my needs. Mostly all around hunting, old home sights, beach hunting (getting the coil wet). I will hunt southeast Mo. and beaches in Florida. Any suggested places to hunt would be appreciated. I have had a couple of Garrett detectors in the past ( way past!) and they served me well, but I'm not all that brand loyal. I also had a Viper Trident for beach/shallow water hunting, but did not care for it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
50 views and no replies. Any opinions on these two detectors on the forum? Need to decide by Friday. Thanks.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Watch a couple of videos on them and then decide. If it were me I'd get the AT Pro, I have swung Whites and they are the only brand that I had to use the arm strap with. The AT Pro has quite a following.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had both and much prefer the M6 for general all around detecting. If you're planning on detecting deeper than the coil, then the AT for sure. What I like about the M6 is better balance, easier to change batteries. No need for special headphones or adapters, and a much larger screen with easier to read info.

OP
OP
R

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your replies. Leaning toward the ATP

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
From owning the CTX, Excal and others the ATP is the only one I found gold with on several occasions.
I think the ATP is an excellent choice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions