Maybe a collection of the dumb things we do while metal detecting.....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Duh....

Yesterday I hit the soil carrying my brand new tack puller for popping targets out of the ground with minimumal turf damage:

index.jpg

Somewhere in that grass I lost my tack puller, covered all the ground (apparently not ALL), and couldn't find it - even with my detector....

So, duh.......

Upvote 0

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fixitdave

May 11, 2012
Just pulled new dumb thing couple days ago.was digging gravel packed parking lot which I use a straight claw hammer .well needless to say hit my knee with hammer still limping around. Worst part is turned out to be old Dr pepper can with the logo wouldn't you like to be a pepper to.was not a good hunt .hh stay safe

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two years ago my wife came up with a story so out we go. After driving for a couple hundred miles she told me we were headed to Myrtle Beach so I could be with my buddy who I grew up with. This was in January. My birthday is the 30th and his is Feb 5th so it was a birthday surprise. Never saw her load the car, but going south during the winter is cool. When we got there, she told me I packed your detector for you. I ran to the trunk, pulled out the DFX and noticed it felt light. Guess what, I take the battery pack out for the winter and she didn't know. Still a cool trip.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey man the ladies can't know everything

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just pulled new dumb thing couple days ago.was digging gravel packed parking lot which I use a straight claw hammer .well needless to say hit my knee with hammer still limping around. Worst part is turned out to be old Dr pepper can with the logo wouldn't you like to be a pepper to.was not a good hunt .hh stay safe

Hard to "like" this post, but I did want to acknowledge it. Ouch! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread