New and loving it

Jul 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never did this before but wanted a new hobby, so after weeks of reviewing md reviews on different machines I chose the garrett at pro. After 10 hours of hunting I have 4 dollars to my name. I have found 2 quarters over 12 inches deep. I have had some problems ground balancing but think I have it figured out just have to do it more often along the beach with the wet sand then dry sand. Love my new hobby I have been going out every night to the beach here in virginia. For those who complain about there garrett whatch the garrett videos they are very informative I watched them probably ten times and watched them again after going out to the beach and learned more about where I was messing up. My best find was 76 cents in one dig.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are mainly going the beach hunting in salt water or wet sand, save a lot of time and sell the ATP and get a multi freq. unit like an Excel, CZ-20/21, or Whites BHID and you won't get all that falsing.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Welcome to the club.

Be patient while you learn your machine, it really takes a while to learn what it is telling you in all the various conditions.

Hunt with your ears, not by watching the screen.

Dig everything at first until you get the hang of it.

Post your cool finds on T-Net so we can enjoy them along with you.

Happy Hunting!!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the addiction and t-net. Look forward to your future post [emoji106]

HH RN