All Treasure Hunting
If I told you that.....
I'd have no place to hunt.... ha ha ha

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the book Garrett puts out called, Sucessful Coin Hunting by Charles Garrett. It contains ideas on places where you would never think of looking. The dirt was here before we were and you need to go where people went years ago or still go today. To list places would take the fun out of it.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you want the most finds for least effort, go to the nearest woodchip SCHOOL park and start swinging.

If your looking for the older stuff, try and get permission for some old houses (not abandoned)

HH
-GC

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must do your own research to reap full benefits and enjoyment of your finds. There are so many good books on the market written by experienced detector users, giving advice on finding the "good" places; that the only hard part would be deciding on which one to read first. Each of these books give examples of what to look for. That's as far as they can go because we all have unique living situations and must "fit" those examples to our own areas. Developing our own leads is an area of major enjoyment.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Best place to hunt IMHO, would be in the dirt or sand, concrete is WAY to hard! ;D ;D ;D ;D :-[ :-[

Now to be serious, depends on where you live. Different locations have different sources of finds. Look around where you live, try to think of where people have been the longest where you are and that is a good place to start. Once you do this for a little while you will automatically begin to "find" places to hunt as you drive around going about your daily business. Then just get up the nerve and ask for permission to hunt. I hope others drive around thinking "that would be a great place to hunt oh that would to and that place and that. . . . . ."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread