Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
While at a local spot that I, and several other TNetters hunt... I couldn't help but notice that someone had dug little shallow plugs all over the nice green grass... and that they had left a bunch of yellow spots.

If any of you TNetters can guess who did this, I will give you a shiny silver quarter!

If you want to admit, that it was YOU, I will still give you the quarter!

This is funny, because we won't get booted for doing this, but it is an opportunity to learn something also.

Thanks for looking, and good luck on your hunts!

Attachments

• IMG_20160703_084810_731.jpg
    IMG_20160703_084810_731.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20160703_084827_246.jpg
    IMG_20160703_084827_246.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 198
Upvote 0

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
crop circle interrupted.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Did they take the trash at least, or leave anything behind other than round brown plugs?

geffy

Jul 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with dog others on pet stains. Dog pee! or skunks?
g.png

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I admit, it was Patch. I mean Smittyman.... no it was Patch, oh heck, who knows :dontknow:

We have a winner... quarter is in the mail. Congrats!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update on digging plugs and flaps. I was detecting a sporting field near near me and I always keep off the playing area because many coaches etc get upset so I only detect perimeters where the spectators may walk to the stands etc. I was out in the afternoon the day after I had mentioned plugs and flaps and how many times they will brown up even if the guy tried to do a good job.

I had probably dug 25 - 30 flaps that afternoon and did it like I always do make my cut under the roots of the grass. Well I was busy the next day but went back 2 days later and to my horror every flap I had dug was brown.. I thought darn it I was just bragging about if you do it right they most often end up ok. I went back a cpl days later after a rain and everything was still brown so I thought I had better stay away for awhile.

I went back again after another hard rain and I was relieved to see everything had greened up again except one flap and it too was turning green. I looked around and couldn't tell where the other flaps were and was pleased I couldn't see any trace of me. So I started to detect where I left off and that field has yielded over $30 in clad so far plus a really nice ring

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've stopped digging plugs in park turf during during summer months. Just too dry. Even large, well-cut plugs are no guarantee that the grass won't die or go into shock. I'll either hunt other places, or just pop shallow targets with a screwdriver.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Tom, Loco is lying thru his teeth. I did it. I apologize and will do better in the future. I PMed you my address.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread