Piratemax

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2016
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrette, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So a few years ago.....I was broke and board sitting at the family farm with the niece and nephew.
So there was grampas metal detector....no one knew how to use it.
So a quick search on the net and got a few basic ways to use the sensitivity, and discrimination down.....and I was off.
Took the 4wheeler down to the river where I knew great grandpas sod house was on the hill from 1890-1906...(I knew which hill....cause I think I spent my childhood picking rocks down there....always would find something, like a sewing machine, soup cans.....and legos....yes apparently there was legos back then.
So I got off the 4-wheeler....and took about 4 steps....BING.....soup can.....another 4 steps....BING....soup can.....one more time about 3 steps.....Bing and there sat a lil circle on top of the soil....Yes it was a penny from 1902.
This is why I am hooked on metal detecting, and I hate to say it, that was about the best find yet. Maybe because it was my great grand fathers.
the old M/D is long broke and thrown away....got 3 now, but haven't found something that cool or that easy yet.
Troy

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from New York! :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings from Minnesota, and welcome to Tnet! :hello: