Keep XP Deus or buy new

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here is my issue ion a nut shell. I had an Coin master pro and loved it but sold to move to a At Pro. Had good results with that but visit the beach and it hated the salt water. Sold that and ended up with an XP Deus. THIS THING IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME. I get horrible results when i get within feet of salt water and even very saturated salt water sand.

I can take the deus out 2 days in a row with the same program and get completely different results each day. I have updated and tried everything in the book. I am not saying that it doesn't work or the detector is no good and is more than likely me but this is crazy lol...

Anyways Anyone willing to help out with any info that may be of use.
I would like to go to one of andys classes but the location and dates there is no way i could possibly go.

With that being said should i keep or move to another detector. I may end up in the same boat with a new detector. I am in florida and went and looked at the local shop here at the whites and others. The v3i is really nice just not waterproof.

I hunt more land or ankle deep. I think if i got to going back in water over head or creek i would buy the at pro again since it is waterproof and worked pretty good and still cheap.

Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally when I read thread titles like this I think to myself this person just wants to upgrade to a new machine and is trying to justify it to themselves or their significant other. I read this one because it gave an option. I wish I had an answer for you. I am relatively new to metal detecting and live about a thousand miles from salt water. The questions I am now asking are... Is the XP Deus suitable for salt water? and if so... Have you given it a fair shake? Mind you I have no knowledge what so ever of the XP Deus. If you choose to buy another, please let us know which one you chose and why. I would like to know what it offers that the old one doesn't.

You get mixed reviews when you talk about the Deus and Salt Water. It has a setting for it but i have yet to find one that gives good results. I have even tried using others setting that say they work on the beach but i have also been told that Florida beaches are some of the hardest to detect in b/c of the mineral content and so on. I purchased a Minelab CTX 3030. I did this for these reasons.

Great all around machine.
Very proven machine with tons of users.
Seems that most of the people who dis them on here are the same ones in otehr threads stating they wish they could afford them. ( No i am not bashing or bragging bc i was able to buy one. )
It is waterproof and proven in the salt water areas. ( The deus is waterproof as well once you use the waterproof kit and wear the earbud headphones. )
These are just a few of the reasons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions