D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there any repellent that will keep ants from biting..

I was attack by a colony of ants yesterday and before I could brush them off I was bitten over 100 times.. My legs were covered with them in less than 20 seconds. I always put on OFF while detecting to prevent mosquitoes and other insects from biting me. I hate to wear long pants when it is 90+ degrees outside.

This place I was hunting produced $7.23 in less than 30 minutes... I am going back but hate to wear long pants..

Upvote 0

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget the duct tape if your wearing long pants. They really get mad when you start smashing them inside your drawers [emoji12]

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have Summer spots, and Winter spots. That might be the place to hit in the Winter = less insect activity.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good ole fire ant! Dealt with them many times. Only thing you can really do is watch where you dig. Little buggers sting then blister. I still have scars on my hand when I thought I was putting my hand down on a clump of dirt that actually was a hill.

OP
OP
N

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys and yes I have had a cpl ants reach my groin area and darn that makes for a cpl of uncomfortable days.

I wore pants this morning and although very hot to wear no ants... This site is to good to walk away from... I plucked $3.87 in 35 mins this morning but I was drenched with sweat when I quit...I like to go early so no one is around and if someone shows up most often one person won't say anything also other guys out detecting if they see you they move in on you asap...

One really good soccer field I had to myself for a week or so was invaded by other guys detecting.. I am guessing after work but it sure cut my finds down a lot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread