Minimul budget for detector purchase. Your opinion

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So as you know i am buying a new detector tomorrow but i am curious on input.
Lets start here. I live in arkansas and i am wanting to get into water hunting as well as dry land hunting. I have had a coin master pro, At pro, Currently have the Xp deus and i have had a couple cheap detectors that where really not worth much.

Right now i do not hunt any water. We go to the beach ( Saltwater ) normally once a year but you never know that may change. Now with you knowing that what would you say would be the best detector or detectors for me to purchase?

My wife will be using the deus for dry ground only and i will still use it off and on when i need or want to.

The info can be giving for one detector purchase or for 2 detectors.
So far here is a list of what i have looked at doing. Budget of 2-2500$

1.Ctx 3030
2. Mxt All pro and a MX Sport. I will say i have watched the MX Sport hunt saltwater with eas and no issues.

Thanks for the info and help in advance. I do currently have a couple threads about info on the deus that i have and also on weather to keep the Deus or sell it. This would be simply for new purchase and not worrying about what to do with the deus as my wife will be using it as far as i know.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CTX 3030 hands down. MX Sport is just a single frequency VLF - NOT the ideal saltwater machine.:skullflag:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've done testing on the MX Sport for Kellyco and found what many others found...it is definitely not a saltwater machine. Every time I put it in the surf, it went into overload no matter what settings were applied.

If you already have the Deus, then I back Terry's suggestion...go with the CTX 3030 and you'll have the best of both worlds...land and surf.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MX Sport is not a salt water detector, like Col Dan says it goes into over load as soon ad it touches salt water..

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salt water is rough on VLF detectors especially single frequency machines. In very high salinity beaches even my multiple frequency machines false some and require a reduction in sensitivity but still manage to go fairly deep. However in recent years some manufacturers have added additional filtration circuits on their single frequency machines allowing them to work "well" in salty wet sand without much chatter. I cant understand why Whites failed to add such circuitry to the MX-Sport. CTX 3030 without a doubt, well rounded unit.

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its official. Got a Killer deal on a ctx 3030 and pulled the trigger so to speak on it lol..:cool: Not sure if i should be happy, Nervous or scared lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions