1700 Farm House

Dr.Jones

Aug 19, 2005
Kennett square , PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I lucked out and located a farm house from mid 1700 and was given permission anytime to detect. Been there 3 times and no coins. Found round all, mid 1800 button and couple old things. No coins. Problem is this place has tons of trash. Iron and every other kind of metal. I am running an etrac with Andy S program. I have a 6" treasure seeker cool by coiltek and still pull a lot of junk. Any advice to hone in on goodies?

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you overlap the sweeps an keep coil level with the ground. Good luck.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farm houses are neat , but one thing think about farmers where poor a lot of times and hardly carried coin on their person if they had any to start with .

fishnnut

Jan 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try TTF? I would try the 6 x 8 coil or small equivilent and run the relic amount of discrim and manual sensitivity. Hope that helps. Good luck

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually plan on trying TTF next time. Never used it before

TTF is the only way to fly in heavy trash.
Good luck! The goodies are in there, but they are hiding tight to the trash.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmers in the olden days tended to have a "dump site" on their property, since modern landfills either didn't exist or were very far away. I've been hunting a residential lot that goes back about 80 years and it was originally a farm. The back part of the property in particular is very trash and iron-infested. Keep at it, you're bound to find some old coins on property THAT old.

Edited to add: You might study the landscape and see if any of the property slopes toward water of any kind. Try hunting those low-lying washout areas. Some items could have come loose from the soil during heavy downpours and washed away towards those kind of spots. Was on a group hunt recently and a guy found a very nice silver dollar-sized flat button in such a washout area, that was downhill and just before a creek.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread