Sterling Silver while son goes pokeman-ing

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son is all into this Pokeman GO (?) where the kids go out and search for virtual Pokeman characters out in public places.
So Friday I get home early from work and and he is asking anyone to give him a ride down to a local park.
I agree to take him and I grab my detector.

We were there maybe an hour and he finds me as he is done and ready to go.
I ask him what he found on his hunt and he actually made some new friends while out hunting.

I showed him the SS ring I found along with some clad.
Looks like a little kids ring and a Birthstone (maybe Amethyst?) and stamped 925

G-bone_0715_ring.jpg

But now I can get my son to go out with me when I detect.
He may be chasing air, but at least he is getting out now with me.

Cheers all

G

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring! I assume you mean Sterling Silver and not Stainless Steel! :laughing7:

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that Pokemon go the stupidest you ever heard of? , the ONLY thing I can say about it, at least it get them outta the house.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I don't feel like the only one:laughing7: My son is taking Graphic Design in college, him and his friends are doing the Pokeman thing too! I was getting ready at 5:00am the other day to go to Santa Monica Beach and he asks if he can go along too, (He doesn't like detecting). He went Pokeman hunting and I went jewelry hunting. We both scored and I got to drive in the diamond lane to boot! Made my day! :hello2:

Nice find on the ring. I got a small 14k butterfly ring on my trip!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
G-bone

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring! I assume you mean Sterling Silver and not Stainless Steel! :laughing7:

LOL....yes, Sterling.
Yeah I forgot SS is for Stainless.

cpomike13 and Randyg12:
yes the game gets them out doors, but they're still staring at those dang screens!! :BangHead:
And on the news the other day, video footage of some guy hitting a stopped Cop car, cuz he was looking at his dang screen.
Cemetery's are seeing more and more looters and private property owners are complaining as well.
It got them out of the house, but I fear this game is going to cause more trouble as time goes on.

When my son and I got back together, I had FAR better things to show for my "finds".
He had stupid characters on his phone :thumbsup:
On the other hand, he also made a few friends at the park, who were also Poke GO'ing.
So maybe it was a "win-win" after all.

Cheers guys :occasion14:

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as they're careful playing that game, I agree. We had a couple of knuckleheads walk off a cliff just north of us because they were glued to their phone trying to catch a Pokemon and weren't paying attention to where they were going!

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As long as they're careful playing that game, I agree. We had a couple of knuckleheads walk off a cliff just north of us because they were glued to their phone trying to catch a Pokemon and weren't paying attention to where they were going!

Some of those Pokemon are just mean, and lure kids right over the edge. :laughing7:
Funny to see people running around the park with their phones held up, though....and they're not all kids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread