What type of MD for sandy soil?

listerr

Jul 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, everyone. I'm a recent member to this forum and I've found it quite fascinating. I'm looking for an affordable model {$200-300} for a beginner. I'm pretty tech savvy, so that's not an issue. I live in Ohio close to Lake Erie and our soil tends to be very sandy with good drainage. I think I'd like to hunt for all sorts of things, but it's actually relics that interest me the most. Researching the history behind these items - even if it's junk - is also a hobby of mine. I live in a home that was built in 1870, so I'm really excited about checking out my own yard to start. But I'd like to be able to find other things such as coins, jewelry, etc. Any advice for a quality and affordable model for my local conditions? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might also check into a used higher end model that gives you a bit more info. Maybe a White's XLT or Minelab Explorer. Check with our supporting vendors to see what they have in stock and can recommend based on your area and usage.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you could find a used AT Pro in your price range you could take it in the water!...although I don't think the at pro drops down to that price level.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread