Think I am going to take some time off...

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The heat and humidity is really bad right now in NC. And even though we are getting the occasional thunderstorm, it doesn't seem to help with the dry ground. Couple that with what I believe to be elbow tendonitis in my swinging arm, I think I might take August off from doing any detecting.

Of course if we happen to have a cool (below 85) day with light rain or I get a new permission that looks killer, then the self imposed exile probably won't last. :laughing7:

Good luck and keep hydrated!

PS - I know water hunting is the way to beat the heat, but I haven't located anywhere around here to do that.

Edited to add: Getting up at the butt crack of dawn is another way to beat the heat, but I'm not that much of a morning person.

Upvote 0

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Shucks Folks; Even Boston is breaking 100F now. 8 days in a row of over 90+. That is unheard off in Boston and we are due for another 5 day stretch of 90+. Us Bostonians like it at 55 - 60F with a 10mph wind and NO humidity. We are all hugging the ac over 80F. Either it's brutal or I'm getting old.!!! :laughing7: Heck, back in 78 I remember my ship the Hamilton was cruising the Carribean on War Training. It was so hot the soles of our boots were literally melting onto the deck. Every time you took a step there was a boot print where you were just standing. It was "NUTS" !!! :tongue3: That's a true story. Not now, 80+ I'm home Period. I love digging but I love breathing more.!!! PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, we had some heavy rains come through town today. Temps around 6:30 this evening were low 80's so I decided to do a short hunt at a local school. If it hadn't have been for the mosquitoes it would have been almost pleasant.

So my self imposed break lasted all of 1 day. I think I have a problem. lol

GL out there.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Toughen up buttercups...y'all are the same ones boo-hooping when it's too cold.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok...Um...Ok...I was trying to be funny, calling out all the guys in this thread, about the heat.
If I was calling you out personally, the term would have been singular, as in "buttercup".
But I wasn't.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok...Um...Ok...I was trying to be funny, calling out all the guys in this thread, about the heat.
If I was calling you out personally, the term would have been singular, as in "buttercup".
But I wasn't.

Since I was the OP I thought it was safe to assume I was included. I thought you were being a smartass. My bad for misunderstanding.

We cool? :thumbsup:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad part is the rain got near us and then split north to south. Not a drop here. Guess I'll go the Creek tomorrow and get a few grams of gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread