First Time Out

Teleman53

Jul 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy gave me his old Fischer 1280x to keep if I could fix it.Some minor repairs and it's working fine( couple broken pots and battery terminals).Living on Cape Cod it should be a fine machine to start with.My friend used it for many years with good results,I hope to get out with him this weekend for a training trip. I am really like the idea of finding a piece of history at some point,it happens and The Cape and New England is where America got started right?
So, next week I am off to Southern Ohio to stay at my wife's old family farm for a week (almost 400 acres) and plan to spend some time searching the old buildings and sites. With the family that's has lived there for generations I should get some good history. More to come !

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
it happens and The Cape and New England is where America got started right?

Nope- actually got started in St. Augustine Florida, Americas oldest city.

But- best of luck with the hunt and congrats on the new machine.

There is a lot of history there, don't forget to post some photos.

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to a great hobby! Beware, because this hobby can be very addicting :laughing7:. Can't wait to see your finds!

Be patient, keep your coil low to the ground, don't rush, and above all have fun:thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

Teleman53

Jul 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, it's been on my list for a while and my friend Greg(also the drummer in our band) has lots of experience to pass on. Now if I sell some of my RC gear and maybe a guitar or two for funding my wife might even embrace it, for now she just smiles and shakes her head saying " Oh God, now what? "

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, it's been on my list for a while and my friend Greg(also the drummer in our band) has lots of experience to pass on. Now if I sell some of my RC gear and maybe a guitar or two for funding my wife might even embrace it, for now she just smiles and shakes her head saying " Oh God, now what? "
She might change her tune after you present her with a nice gold ring! :thumbsup:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope- actually got started in St. Augustine Florida, Americas oldest city.

If you're talking about a city that has been continuously been occupied by European immigrants, then, yes. San Diego was founded before St Augustine in 1542 by Juan Cabrillo, but, not continuously occupied by the Spaniards. Santa Fe New Mexico is right up there too, being the oldest state capital in the U.S. founded in 1602. Sorry, got sidetracked onto a history jag.....:laughing7:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi cudamark; I hear ya. Thing is Boston & the Cape are no slouches either. 1620 with habitation before that. Now about that Farm Teleman. Search the Fields. Especially after they've been plowed. Should be a Gold Mine for you. Don't forget, ALWAYS bring extra batteries ok. Nothing stinks more than your detector dying in the middle of a hunt and your out of batteries. If your there for a week 2 packs should hold you ok. When searching near the buildings look for where the crops were first planted. That's where a lot of the goodies are ok. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
T

Teleman53

Jul 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank y'all for the history,but facts never get in the way of New England pride-1492 Columbus, sailed the the ocean blue and hopped off on to Plymouth Rock!!! You can see it,they keep it in a cage. Really they do.
I am looking forward to talking to the remaining relatives who grew up on the farm, so I can have an idea what took place where. It would be nice to bring them something from their past for the reunion.I plan to have plenty of batteries, in time I will install a headphone jack because the existing ones irritate my big Irish lugs.Even the high quality over ear headphones in my home studio bother me after a while.For now I will use what I have and learn its language.I have been doing a lot of research and MXT Owners talk about learning to understand the sounds the machine makes,my friend Greg says the same thing so I have been experimenting with the Sensitivity,Discrimination,and Volume with different materials in the yard.I have not been able to get out yet,maybe tomorrow after band practice.

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank y'all for the history,but facts never get in the way of New England pride-1492 Columbus, sailed the the ocean blue and hopped off on to Plymouth Rock!!!

Really? What kind of history do they teach up there?

Plymouth Rock is the traditional site of disembarkation of William Bradford and the Mayflower Pilgrims who founded Plymouth Colony in 1620.

Guanahani is an island in the Bahamas that was the first land in the New World sighted and visited by Christopher Columbus' first voyage, on October 12, 1492.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason there is a cage around Plymouth rock, is people were chipping off pieces of it for souvenirs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread