Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Cutting to the Chase whats the top Metal Detector in the World-Money no object

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    AT PRO Fisher F75 LTD
    3735 times
    Metal Detecting
    The one YOU have mastered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Davers likes this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX SPECTRUM E SERIES
    391 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    First I Want To Say...YOU, Sound Like A Great Husband!! She Sounds Like A Great Wife! Good on ya for taking the time to ask people who have First Hand experience!

My thought process might be a tad different but...No Matter What Equipment Anyone Uses In Life...Car/Truck/SUV...3 on the tree, Granny Low vs 6speed on the floor and AWD vs RWD or 4x4- Boat..Outboard vs Inboard (remembering the blower) vs Dual Engine...learning to use one or the other to turn in tight places and slide up to the dock- Gun...Revolver vs Pistol or Automatic vs Semi Auto vs Pump-Fishing Reel....Zebco 33 vs Ambassador 5000c Open Face..Remembering to put your thumb on the reel to prevent Overwind-Cell Phone...Flip Phone vs IPhone 7-Computer...Apple vs HP. You get the idea. IF you have NOTHING To Compare To.... You quickly and automatically learn THAT First Piece Of Equipment.
    Metal Detectors...It's when you Change Detectors that you have that learning curve of different readings and sounds. I Love My Whites DFX! But I want to MD in water too. I'm not getting rid of the DFX so I have to get a Water Proof Detector. I asked A lot of people, even Tnet members for their advice. I primarily would be Fresh Water, But when I travel I want to be able to also use it in Salt Water, Beach and Dry Land. I, like you am not price shopping...I just want to get One Unit that I can learn in water and not worry if I slipped and ruined the motherboard of the DFX. I've gotten great opinions on what would be best for my wants. My opinion is that No Matter which unit you choose, make sure that Manufacturer has other units for different needs or accessories that can accommodate your machine. Your wife sounds determined and smart so don't worry about settings...she can learn them fast. Not knowing her age, strength or stamina...weight may or may not be an issue. I know I didn't Answer your question as asked but her not having any experience in MDing or worrying about cost is a Plus for her. Get a good multi-use unit no matter how 'complicated' it may seem. It will be all she knows. Good Luck to Both of You! This is a Great Place for Opinions and Advice! Looking forward to hearing about all of her finds!

us
    Mar 2016
    Hawkeye State - Area 515
    Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
    2313 times
    Gimme your jewels
    Quote Originally Posted by Kace View Post
    Looking forward to hearing about all of her finds!
    The OP hasn't been bothered to check back in over a year. I doubt anyone will be hearing of his wife's finds.
    Kace likes this.
    Between two sides of a coin lies a third - Like truth, The Middle Way.

Jan 2016
    473 times
    XP Deus. I think the options, fit, and weight are a good choice. For a beginner, there are quite a few automatic setting to chose from to get going right at the start. It adjusts very easy for storage and use. The unit charges with a USB connector, so charging in the car, or with standard aux batteries is easy in the field. There are many dedicated users groups online for advice and to share stories.
    Add to that, a hell of a detector!

The OP hasn't been bothered to check back in over a year. I doubt anyone will be hearing of his wife's finds.
    Just noticed that....

Mods should close the thread so we dont waste out time!
    Last edited by seekerGH; Sep 09, 2017 at 12:58 PM.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX SPECTRUM E SERIES
    391 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Deft Tones View Post
    Hey Deft...I JUST SAW THAT!....Jeez, I've Gotta Start Looking At Dates! My Bad...I Get Caught Up In Reading Posts and Not Dates! lol! I'll TRY and Stop That!
    Davers and Deft Tones like this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + , That i'm gettin better with.
    2728 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    cuda-Mark and Deep-seeker, I've seen this supposed "fix" for offering tanks to beginners before. That they can still adapt no problem, by simply going with the default menu, pre-set settings, dumb it down by going into 2-tones (verus full-orchestra), and so forth.

SO TOO was the same logic promoted back in the days when the Spectrum and XLT were all the rage (1990s): Veterans would still consider them to be equally beginner machines, because "all you have to do is use the pre-sets and don't mess with the advanced settings".

On the surface, this sounds totally logical. But in my experience, hardly any beginners can resist fiddling around with the controls "lest they be missing out" ! Doh!

Example: There was a beginner at our club meeting who complained of not being able to figure out the XLT. So one day I agreed to meet up with him and help him out. I took a look at his controls, and he had them ALL "maxed out". I asked him "why'd you do that?", and he said "because I didn't want to miss anything". Because in his mind's eyes, the default stock settings would be like riding bumper cars at the carnival, rather than real driving, and he was certain he'd be "missing out" if he didn't go in and fiddle with the "adult" options. I saw this same scenario play out with multiple others, so I assume it would play out for the CTX as well.
    I always used my xlt in the pre-set modes , & just got used to it / learned it that way over many years .
    I only used the back-light, Volume , Bottle-Cap Reject & the BCR was in the last 2 years.

I could have changed it up but 'I did not want to mess with "What I Knew"'.

Don't get me wrong , some fine tuning would have been great at times, but still was able to 95% say imo what the target was.

For the OP , Any Decent detector would work great at a Site like yr talking about ,' Used XLT $250 + or a $2.000 Minelab.

Research (as you are) , fig, $ to spend , and know it can be some work finding good stuff./ Not like on TV or most You-Tube.

IMO Even a Garrett Ace 200-Or 400. Would 'do y'all good'

Like Tom said it's all about learning & knowing yr Machine.
    GL
    As I am finding , In life we Start at the top,with the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through True faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or True Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with Both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + , That i'm gettin better with.
    2728 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Deft Tones View Post
    Maybe he got her a complicated detector & she lost interest , or was not happy finding $10 Barbers , $25 seated , & 50 cent Indians.

You got to love history , & the thrill of the hunt.

IMO It takes a certain 'personality ' to start & Keep detecting , or be lucky enough to live in Hawaii , Untouched 1600-1800's land, un-hunted Civil War camps.

I need a time machine.

"Ford ,Chevy, or Dodge.
    Deft Tones likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we Start at the top,with the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through True faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or True Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with Both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    2728 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kace View Post
    Hey Deft...I JUST SAW THAT!....Jeez, I've Gotta Start Looking At Dates! My Bad...I Get Caught Up In Reading Posts and Not Dates! lol! I'll TRY and Stop That!
    Me To , spent a-lot of time on a old post , but boy some are into their Brands.

My sig-line used to read ' It's not so much the detector but the Site'
    Truth1253 likes this.

Davers

us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030
    2418 times
    I am sure it has been said before in these 11 pages of comments but, we would be more than happy to come and help you hunt that hunny hole of a property!
    Truth1253 likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links