Dec 22, 2013
clarion, pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter discovery 1100
discovery 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hauling a metal detector on quad

Was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to haul a detector on a quad? Should I back pack it or strap it to the quad? I'm mainly worried about the vibration causing issues. Any help would be good. Have to travel a ways to get were I'm going and figured why not utilize the tool I have and plus it makes less work for me. (I don't have racks on quad, it's a sporty style)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I break my V3I down and put it in a backpack with padding to protect it
it can be wore in on back or strapped to racks

good luck

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of us Backpack 'em. Some guys I know have racks on their quads, but after one or two trips they switch to a backpack because the racks beat their Minelabs to death! :occasion14:

OP
OP
chevyman75

chevyman75

Dec 22, 2013
clarion, pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter discovery 1100
discovery 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya that's what I was worried about. Bouncing around and messing up wiring. I will have to maybe get one them back packs for it or what are your thoughts on a gun case tear it down and put it in there?

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I bought a Pelican case for my CTX, since I travel for work a bit.

Not too spendy, and really good protection.

I have a thread on here somewhere in which I detail making the foam cutter.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya that's what I was worried about. Bouncing around and messing up wiring. I will have to maybe get one them back packs for it or what are your thoughts on a gun case tear it down and put it in there?

It depends. For me a case on the quad solves nothing, because of a washboard road out to trails that are rocky and unimproved. Just too much rough banging around in or out of a case strapped to the quad. I just disconnect the lower rod and then but the whole machine in a daypack and off I go with the cooler, shovel, pick, and other needs strapped to the quad or in the equipment box on the back. :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread