Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went metal detecting today which wasn't planned I just happen to be driving and saw a long stretch of old oak trees and an old neighborhood so of course I had to stop. I proceeded to pull out the old metal detector and take seven steps from my truck and head and 85 3 inches deep. Out pops this Beautiful silver quarter 1930s. My imagination went to 100 miles an hour and I thought I was gonna find silver for days. Needless to say that was the only silver I found for 3 hours. I am humbly back in reality.
c6cfc71f8e608e7b7beae485e1b6c4fc.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A humbling sport this is....

I can not tell you how many times, probably six or more, that the first hole has a silver coin in it... and the next 200 holes do not! I usually give up after 8 or 10 hours and head home with my one Merc!

It's all good, I tell people that I enjoy the hunt, not the finds (lie).

Nice quarter! Congrats.

Yeah got a love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk about on target with your intuition!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you found the one silver Washie, in decent shape and an older date, too. :icon_thumleft:

I have been there, done that, too. Find something cool right off the bat and then nada for the rest of the hunt. Even worse is scouting out some place you are SURE has good finds, due to its location or history or both. Then you hunt that place to death and barely find 11 cents in clad :icon_scratch:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice!! What are the odds...payment in advance for your troubles :unhappysmiley:

If you hadn't spent those three hours you wouldn't sleep at night until you hit it again anyway :laughing7:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice!! What are the odds...payment in advance for your troubles :unhappysmiley:

If you hadn't spent those three hours you wouldn't sleep at night until you hit it again anyway :laughing7:

You ain't lyin! Lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from New Orleans where all we did was drink and gamble. I've been sober for 12 years and haven't gambled sense, but I can tell you just like I tell my wife it's the closest thing to the possible "JACKPOT feeling" as you can get...AND I LOVE IT!! I metal detect just like I did with my drinking and gambling.... every chance I get!! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread