Finally - just pulled the trigger on a White's Surfmaster DF

EMTFlorida

May 18, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking into doing this for so long now. I first registered on this forum back in 2013 - so three years now I've been debating on getting a metal detector.

I live in Saint Augustine, the nation's oldest city. I'll be hunting in salt water on wet sand. Can't wait to see what I find.

I know I'll be doing a lot of digging since it's a PI, but since I'm in saltwater I figured it was best. And hopefully I'll find some awesome stuff :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best of luck! :occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I USED PI FOR OVER 10 YRS - AND MADE A KILLING WITH IT - but I started out with land machines that were all metal - so not afraid to dig it all
if you live right there and plan on hitting the same spots - then best to clean out the bad with the good - the older iron wont replace itself and eventually all you have to deal with is the newer trash - a lot of us up here use PIs or hunt in all metal - so lot of spots all you get is the fresh drops
most of the Fla. guys use machines with high discrim. - yea they don't get much trash - but they lose small gold and they lose depth ---good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread