Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have one option. Get a better machine. Minelab 305; Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett AT Pro :occasion14:

OP
OP
B

BrandonR

Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want a AT Pro so bad, but this is all I could afford.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want a AT Pro so bad, but this is all I could afford.

No worries, stick with the 200, gain more permissions, save the clad...
Over time, squirrel away some $, budget yourself.....and get with one of Tnet vendors when you are ready....
After that, return to the permissions you are friendly and familiar with, clean up what you missed....

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would set foot in those beautiful mountains and swing the uncharted territory. Do some research of the area: battles, river crossings, historic events and get out to the virgin lands that have the lowest percentage of littering.
Research is key, permissions are golden, but history of those before us can be amazing finds! Swing low and slow and learn the language. Learn the masking sounds against a solid target. The only way to learn is to dig. dig. dig and then, dig some more. This is a hobby where persistence beats persistence every time. Once you know your machine, worry about moving up. But learn what you have first. Garrett makes an excellent product.

OP
OP
B

BrandonR

Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I should not discriminate anything and dig everything?

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can discriminate once you know "What" you are discriminating. I would hunt in "Zero Discrimination" and listen intently while watching the reading. If it's solid (1-20) it's iron. If it's above 20, dig it and learn what the conductivity is telling you. If there was a perfect machine (which there is not) was able to discriminate out all of the pull tabs, bottle caps, old wire, etc. on the market everyone would have one. It's not out there. Dig and learn.
When I first started, I would swing-dig- then pass the recovered target under the coil to match the tone. It's the only way to learn in my opinion. And ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS re-scan the hole before you fill and walk away to the next.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread