SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go... only 100 trillion more of those to remove from the park I detect in!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
You finally figured it out! :laughing7: I would love to find the person who invented the (*&(*^##% and start shipping them to him (or her)! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go... only 100 trillion more of those to remove from the park I detect in!

Lmao!!!! Ever since I found my first gold ring yesterday I'm addicted. I stayed up all night last night and went out at 6 this morning. Gold Fever is real. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold fever? :laughing7:

Attachments

• necklace 005.jpg
    necklace 005.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 107

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrads on your first! It's an addiction for sure!!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Nice.
Now increase your trash range because I have found way more gold in foil and nickel then I ever have in tabs.
Like almost 10 times as many.
Dug a lot of trash doing it too, but when the good stuff turns up it makes it all worthwhile.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't blame the person that made the pull tab blame the people that throws them on the ground

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt a park that has given up silver and Wheaties in a big area. I'm tempted to dig every signal now since it's typical to get 3 to 4 signals in a single coil sweep. The Etrac gives 12-11 through 12-29 for all these signals and I'm expecting them to be different pull tab types. Need to bite the bullet and dig them all. When I do I will keep every target.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice.
Now increase your trash range because I have found way more gold in foil and nickel then I ever have in tabs.
Like almost 10 times as many.
Dug a lot of trash doing it too, but when the good stuff turns up it makes it all worthwhile.

Oh no doubt I just separated all the other trash for the photo opt. It's a pulltab thing.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I hunt a park that has given up silver and Wheaties in a big area. I'm tempted to dig every signal now since it's typical to get 3 to 4 signals in a single coil sweep. The Etrac gives 12-11 through 12-29 for all these signals and I'm expecting them to be different pull tab types. Need to bite the bullet and dig them all. When I do I will keep every target.

I can think of parks where the ratio of tabs to any gold rings, would be 500 to 1. But on the other hand, you can cherry pick and get old silver. The notion/prospects of "digging out all the tabs" in order to find gold rings can be an exercise for insanity. It will get to the point, in some parks, where you're simply better off finding a cleaner park or different site.

If/when my objective is to find gold rings, I would simply head to places where the ratios are much better, and sites more conducive to gold-rings in the first place. Namely: Swimming beaches. Because if my objective is to find gold rings, then the LAST place I want to be a "hero" at, is a place where my prospects are to dig 500 aluminum objects per ring.

There's been times @ the beach after storms, where the ratio of aluminum per gold ring is zero. Mother nature has washed out all the light stuff, leaving only heavy targets. When you've been in situations like that, it's sort of hard to do junky parks for gold rings. Heck, even dry sand @ swim beaches has better ratios (and easier digging, doh!)

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can think of parks where the ratio of tabs to any gold rings, would be 500 to 1. But on the other hand, you can cherry pick and get old silver. The notion/prospects of "digging out all the tabs" in order to find gold rings can be an exercise for insanity. It will get to the point, in some parks, where you're simply better off finding a cleaner park or different site.

If/when my objective is to find gold rings, I would simply head to places where the ratios are much better, and sites more conducive to gold-rings in the first place. Namely: Swimming beaches. Because if my objective is to find gold rings, then the LAST place I want to be a "hero" at, is a place where my prospects are to dig 500 aluminum objects per ring.

There's been times @ the beach after storms, where the ratio of aluminum per gold ring is zero. Mother nature has washed out all the light stuff, leaving only heavy targets. When you've been in situations like that, it's sort of hard to do junky parks for gold rings. Heck, even dry sand @ swim beaches has better ratios (and easier digging, doh!)

You're not lying after doing all that digging if I find a gold ring with the name in it.....they're in trouble.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread