First time at Prospect Park, Rev. War battle site "Battle Pass"

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didnt find much, bunch of clad totalling maybe $3-$4 right behind the supposed American lines. checked the wooded area, where the lines would have been at the top of a small hill, but now wooded. found what i believe to be a site where homeless people slept, then a bunch of open holes. There was maybe 4-5 of them within a 8x4 area, i was disgusted, even worst than seeing a pile of crap next to a tree. did find some little interesting things at Nellie's Lawn, I'll clean them up and post them here later. But this is my first time coming across a bad detectorist's trail. :violent1:

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking forward to seeing your finds. I ran into a site like that. I had to put all the plugs back in and pick up the trash targets that were laying on the grass next to the hole, that some newbie left a day or 2 before I hit the site. Some people just don't care, A local tweener must have gotten a detector for Christmas or something. :dontknow:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those of us that have pounded Prospect Park for years know you are not supposed to be "in the tree line." There are places in the Park where you can get away with it, but be careful. :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions