Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the Safari going, still some puzzling results at times, but I'll catch on;-)
Just got permission today to hunt the site of a 1700 Fort and Indian Village , a old farmhouse, and a site with multiple homesites dating back maybe mid 1800.
Also got the name of the owner of a site that was a one room school house .
This should give me all the detecting I'll need this fall and spring.
The old fort site will be in all metal mode and sensitivity as high as conditions will allow.
The old home sites will be interesting to see what works best.
Can't wait to get started
BD

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Luck, sound like you have some sweet sites lined up.:icon_thumright:

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Bob, Hi you sent me a message you got a new safari. At the sites you are on kind of look for anything that comes above 32 on the screen. Above 32 will mostly be silver dimes and quarters, along with a steady 14 which should be a NICKEL. This is to just go over it kind of fast at first, then slower to get all the rest that is under ground, waiting for you to find it. FROM 15 on up to 31 will be stuff you don't want. After you get junk after junk sites just skip over them to 32 and above. A 34 will be a penny most of the time. Write down every find at first in a tablet on pennies,nickels, dimes and quarters so you will remember at what they came in at. I would try this at first at the new sites, if it does not work skip it and try on your own way of detecting.

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15 could be nickels it is on mine, 12-13 V's, 13-14 Buffaloes, 14-15 Jefferson. At least this is how mine have come up... 14 Gold......

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will miss buttons by skipping the 20s and small gold coins(28-32) lol. Mostly you will skip tons of trash. Tiny half dimes rang up as 18 on my safari but the high sound (coin sound) encouraged me to dig them. I like to flip between coin and relic. See how the audio and numbers react. Pull tabs sound higher than gold in all metal, then lower in coin mode. A gold ring sounds lower than a nickel and rings in at 14-15, when you switch it sounds the same if I remember correctly. Bench test. It doesn't have to be sophisticated. A half dollar can sound like the bottom of a can to me .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions