I apparently take a "Feast or Famine" approach to finding permissions....

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I haven't found anything decent in about a month now and it's starting to get old.... My detecting time is limited to about 4 hours on one day per week this time of year, so I always end up going to places that have produced well in the past because I don't have the time to go door knocking and get shot down or have nobody home. Those sites are drying up now too, so I took my son out this weekend (he's only a year old, which seems to help!) and did some door knocking for future dates. Apparently this is the way to go about it because now I've got the "problem" of having too many places to go!

Permissions granted this weekend include:
  • A school that was in use between 1905 and 1948
  • A house that was built in 1770 and added onto in 1830
  • A house that was built in 1820 on the site of a cabin that was built sometime about 1730 (owners say it's never been hunted in the 40 years they've owned it)
  • A post office dating back to 1860

Still waiting to hear back about another two or three sites I'm working on too. I should have a good lineup to keep me busy this fall!

Upvote 0

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I haven't found anything decent in about a month now and it's starting to get old.... My detecting time is limited to about 4 hours on one day per week this time of year, so I always end up going to places that have produced well in the past because I don't have the time to go door knocking and get shot down or have nobody home. Those sites are drying up now too, so I took my son out this weekend (he's only a year old, which seems to help!) and did some door knocking for future dates. Apparently this is the way to go about it because now I've got the "problem" of having too many places to go!

Permissions granted this weekend include:
  • A school that was in use between 1905 and 1948
  • A house that was built in 1770 and added onto in 1830
  • A house that was built in 1820 on the site of a cabin that was built sometime about 1730 (owners say it's never been hunted in the 40 years they've owned it)
  • A post office dating back to 1860

Still waiting to hear back about another two or three sites I'm working on too. I should have a good lineup to keep me busy this fall!
Sorry to hear about all of your opportunities. If I could, I would gladly help to bear your burden. But alas, I live too far from you.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I've been saying, bring a woman or cute kid with you when door knocking. Much more likely to get a YES that way.

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I've been saying, bring a woman or cute kid with you when door knocking. Much more likely to get a YES that way.

Sure does!

Attachments

• 20160707_174517.jpg
    20160707_174517.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 41

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about all of your opportunities. If I could, I would gladly help to bear your burden. But alas, I live too far from you.

"Hey, kid! Yeah, you. Come over here for a moment. I need to borrow you for a while."

:laughing7:

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not quite old enough to go detecting with me yet (that picture was in my back yard while my wife was out there with us) but he'll get there someday :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread