Gloves....do you use them?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Charter Member
    us
    Say man...is that a jelly doughnut?!? Oh momma...come to Elvis.

Jan 2005
    Edgewood, MD
    In no particular order...White's XLT, White's QXT, White's MX7, Garrett GTI 1500, Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro, Minelab Equinox 600
    451 times

Gloves....do you use them?

Does anyone use gloves when detecting? I use Ansell Hyflex foam lined, modlel 11-800. Very comfortable, thin, and lightweight. They keep your hands clean and cool, and you can even pick things up with them on. No loss of feeling like in some gloves. They are a bit pricy, around $15.00 a pair, but worth it.
    http://www.ansell-edmont.com/hyflex/foam.asp

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32855 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Gloves....do you use them?

Sometimes. when I do their Usually Rubber & sometimes Medical Gloves. but always skin tight

us
    Feb 2005
    West Michigan
    A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
    558 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Same here, skin tight gloves, and any type that you can "grip" with!

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2005
    Edgewood, MD
    In no particular order...White's XLT, White's QXT, White's MX7, Garrett GTI 1500, Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro, Minelab Equinox 600
    451 times

I know what you mean about being able to grip things with them. That is what I like about the type I use.

Sep 2004
    Where ever my coffee cup lands
    Fisher 1280X
    15 times

For a short time out I may not. But if I know I'm going to be digging for a while, I'll use one glove on my Knife hand, it sure saves the hand from getting blisters and other hand ungloved to work hole. Monk
    Life is not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be lived.

us
    Nov 2004
    Rhode Island
    163 times

I use a pair of deerskin work gloves with velcro closures if I know I'm going to be doing heavy digging, like in the woods, or in wet sand at the beach. It keeps my hands dry, and blister, bug bite, and poison ivy free. If I'm just going to the local park, school or ballfield, I leave em in the car.

Jim Cal

I use a pair of brown cotton jersey gloves. They save the skin on my hands, are comfortable to wear and can be purchase by the dozen for about 5 bucks. Jim Cal

us
    Jul 2004
    Indy
    Cz3d
    15 times

I use some similar to the ones you use. They are rubber on the palms, and cloth on the back...
    Good tight fit, I didn't like to use them at first, but it is much better then getting all that grit between your fingers...
    During the winter months grip or not , I also wore a pair of tight fitting leather gloves over top, to try to keep my fingers warm..

Jul 2003

hi , i'm looking for a good pair that will not let the dirt thru. i haven't detected for a couple of years because i have that nasty "C". since i am taking chemo pills and it affects my white blood cells i am not suppose to get my hands dirty or try not to get cut. would like recomendations on what you use
    thanks shymot

us
    finder of the gold coin

Jan 2005
    LOU-EVIL KY
    white's DFX
    5 times

DDDMD where do you get them??

mark

us
    Feb 2005
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI, Minelab excalibur
    8 times

Yes I use the HYflex all the time keeps your hands clean and less pain with cuts. If you are buying them at that price, well you are getting took. HH Steve0

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2005
    Edgewood, MD
    451 times

Try Grainger industrial supply. They have them for less then $5 a pair. Much less then what we pay for them at work. Type in 11-800 under manufactures part number in the search function.

www.grainger.com

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2005
    Edgewood, MD
    451 times

You can say that again. I will buy my next few pairs online.

bobcat

I wear gloves (Rayon/Cotton) which are fairly inexpensive. Gloves are an important part of my equipment because they protect me from sharp objects (like broken glass), abrasion, dirty hands. I take them off when I probe for coins so I can feel the coins etc. I did get cut once from some broken glass when I was detecting in a park one day. I realized that the cut was deep and also full of dirt and who knows what was on the glass. I learned my lesson that day. Here in Nebraska it gets cold enough some days where gloves make the difference between going home and staying a lot longer at a productive site. I will metal detect long as I can so I go with all the necessary items to keep me going. Gloves are another part of good planning and protective clothing that allows me to do it longer! Bobcat

us
    Jan 2005
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Ace 250
    3 times

I use a pair of green long gloves that are used for... when you are working with chemicals/cleaners. I got them at Walmart. Easy to wash and since I run into so much glass and rusty nails..they are great and have saved me from cuts and dirty hands.

Marcia  the treasure_lady
    Happy Hunting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links