jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes. when I do their Usually Rubber & sometimes Medical Gloves. but always skin tight

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here, skin tight gloves, and any type that you can "grip" with!

OP
OP
DirtDiggerDaveinMD

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
I know what you mean about being able to grip things with them. That is what I like about the type I use.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
For a short time out I may not. But if I know I'm going to be digging for a while, I'll use one glove on my Knife hand, it sure saves the hand from getting blisters and other hand ungloved to work hole. Monk

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a pair of deerskin work gloves with velcro closures if I know I'm going to be doing heavy digging, like in the woods, or in wet sand at the beach. It keeps my hands dry, and blister, bug bite, and poison ivy free. If I'm just going to the local park, school or ballfield, I leave em in the car.

J

Jim Cal

I use a pair of brown cotton jersey gloves. They save the skin on my hands, are comfortable to wear and can be purchase by the dozen for about 5 bucks. Jim Cal

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I use some similar to the ones you use. They are rubber on the palms, and cloth on the back...
Good tight fit, I didn't like to use them at first, but it is much better then getting all that grit between your fingers...
During the winter months grip or not , I also wore a pair of tight fitting leather gloves over top, to try to keep my fingers warm..

shymot

Greenie
Jul 12, 2003
hi , i'm looking for a good pair that will not let the dirt thru. i haven't detected for a couple of years because i have that nasty "C". since i am taking chemo pills and it affects my white blood cells i am not suppose to get my hands dirty or try not to get cut. would like recomendations on what you use
thanks shymot

Steve0

Feb 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI, Minelab excalibur
Yes I use the HYflex all the time keeps your hands clean and less pain with cuts. If you are buying them at that price, well you are getting took. HH Steve0

OP
OP
DirtDiggerDaveinMD

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Try Grainger industrial supply. They have them for less then $5 a pair. Much less then what we pay for them at work. Type in 11-800 under manufactures part number in the search function.

www.grainger.com

B

bobcat

I wear gloves (Rayon/Cotton) which are fairly inexpensive. Gloves are an important part of my equipment because they protect me from sharp objects (like broken glass), abrasion, dirty hands. I take them off when I probe for coins so I can feel the coins etc. I did get cut once from some broken glass when I was detecting in a park one day. I realized that the cut was deep and also full of dirt and who knows what was on the glass. I learned my lesson that day. Here in Nebraska it gets cold enough some days where gloves make the difference between going home and staying a lot longer at a productive site. I will metal detect long as I can so I go with all the necessary items to keep me going. Gloves are another part of good planning and protective clothing that allows me to do it longer! Bobcat

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I use a pair of green long gloves that are used for... when you are working with chemicals/cleaners. I got them at Walmart. Easy to wash and since I run into so much glass and rusty nails..they are great and have saved me from cuts and dirty hands.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a pair of gloves at Wal-mart for around $12.00. They are mostly cotton with rubberized palm and fingers. They are not hot, are waterproof and dirt proof in the rubber coated part and are easy to grip with. I didn't like wearing gloves until something in the soil started slowly eating up my hands. They actually began to peel, crack and bleed from just contact with the soil! I have hunted mostly parks and athletic fields since I got my detector and I suppose it's from all the various fertilizers and chemicals they use on the sod? Anyway, the gloves and a good hand cream moisturizer sure helps.

D

Darod

At first I didn't wear gloves. I quickly changed my mind on that issue. After no time at all I had cuts and really bad looking dry, cracked skin.

I made a trip to Home Depot and checked out the pricing on work gloves. Here is a link to the exact gloves I purchased:

http://www.homedepot.com
Once you get to Home Depot's home page you would click on the "Tools and Hardware" link.
Next, click on the "safety & Security" link under Tools and Hardware category.
Next, click on the "gloves" link on the left side of page.
If it doesn't come up in the "Most Popular" window across the top of the page, then you will need to click
on the "Less the $10" link under "PRICE" to the left of the page where it says "SHOP BY:".
They should be the first gloves you see in the list that comes up. They are model 125 X ("X" is the glove size,...M, L, XL, etc.).

Good luck.

Here is a pick of them as well. Cost was $9.97 + tax

detectorgloves.jpg

These are very tight fit! Pretty much a must if your going to wear gloves. I have found that the Mechanic's gloves fit the best and allow for the most finger dexterity while worn. These also wash up very well. If you find a coin, you can easily feel it through the gloves,...nice! This way you don't have to continually take them off and on. You just don't have the dexterity if the gloves are loose.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents on the subject :)

Rod

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
I only wear gloves because the weather is cold and I've got to get out there and search. The earphones do a nice job of keeping my ears warm as well. I'm just not sure where I'm going to keep everything in the summertime (fewer pockets) especially when I get the chance to hit the beach. I guess instead of a farmers tan I'll have a detectors tan.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swat, you'll just have to invest in a tool belt and pouch. They have a good variety in severa
price ranges at your local home improvement type store. I like the ones designed for electricians as they have a little deeper pockets than the others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread