94019159b56136add137ca7e4437cc84.jpg
ieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All of the diggers like that I've seen break have the shovel head welded directly to the handle. The original Sampson made by W. W. Mfg has a half inch piece of cold rolled steel round stock that connects the handle to the shovel. I've never seen one of theirs break. They are the manufacturers, now of the Lesche digger tool, the ground shark and the sampson shovel. If you go to their web site and look at the catalog photo of the original sampson shovel you can see what I mean. Take a picture of that to your welder and if he knows his metal, he'll understand the significance of that piece of steel welded between the head and handle.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Must have hit a pesky iron root !

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All of the diggers like that I've seen break have the shovel head welded directly to the handle. The original Sampson made by W. W. Mfg has a half inch piece of cold rolled steel round stock that connects the handle to the shovel. I've never seen one of theirs break. They are the manufacturers, now of the Lesche digger tool, the ground shark and the sampson shovel. If you go to their web site and look at the catalog photo of the original sampson shovel you can see what I mean. Take a picture of that to your welder and if he knows his metal, he'll understand the significance of that piece of steel welded between the head and handle.

I'll look that up thanks for the advice

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I busted many digging tool in my day, however in the past few years I have been using stainless tools from some German firm called AAA. Man they will cost you up to 200 bucks but I have not bent or broke one yet.

I do own extra ones too just in case that day comes, I hope it does not though.

Careful if you buy a welder, you will suddenly start finding many things that need fixing or want to start building things. LOL

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I busted many digging tool in my day, however in the past few years I have been using stainless tools from some German firm called AAA. Man they will cost you up to 200 bucks but I have not bent or broke one yet.

I do own extra ones too just in case that day comes, I hope it does not though.

Careful if you buy a welder, you will suddenly start finding many things that need fixing or want to start building things. LOL

LMAO!!! And believe it or not I have a obsessive personality.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread