All Treasure Hunting
31" Sampson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the ball handle 37" Dixie, but otherwise what Dave-E said: Predator Tools/Lesche/Sampson shovels. I like the smaller head of the Dixie series for working around roots and taking smaller bites (less likely to damage the shovel or target when levering out).

Products | Predatortools

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BigBoom

Feb 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-trac,
Minelab Sovereign XS2a Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a look at gravediggertools. They are the last shovel you will ever need. Makes all others look like toys

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sampson 31" T handle is my favorite shovel. If you want something bigger Predator tools make larger ones. I have the Raven and one like the Piranha but find myself using the little 31" Sampson the most.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Sampson 31" T handle is my favorite shovel. If you want something bigger Predator tools make larger ones. I have the Raven and one like the Piranha but find myself using the little 31" Sampson the most.

I have a spear head shovel for open fields and I also ordered the Root Assassin, but I sent it back, it was too long and not sturdy enough for my liking.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have and use the Lesche 31' T handle Relic Hunter shovel. I love this shovel. Very sturdy and well made. If it can cut it's way through our concrete hard Georgia red clay, it will do the job. This is also a great little shovel to have around the house for smaller landscaping jobs such as planting shrubs, etc. Check em' out and see what you think. I have had mine now for about 6 years and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
These seem to work good..... DSCN0928.JPG

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have and use the Lesche 31' T handle Relic Hunter shovel. I love this shovel. Very sturdy and well made. If it can cut it's way through our concrete hard Georgia red clay, it will do the job. This is also a great little shovel to have around the house for smaller landscaping jobs such as planting shrubs, etc. Check em' out and see what you think. I have had mine now for about 6 years and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Checking it out now devildog!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
How long are they?

they are 21 , 27 , and 36 inches . But i guess he will make them in the size you might want . On you tube i saw one there at 18 inches .. you can find them on the net.. And i saw some he painted on you tube for some the color they wanted in two tone orange handle & blue blade..

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to shoot these down until I looked at their site. They are heat treated like the Sampson and Predator tools are. They should be decent shovels but I prefer a round handle to grab onto

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was going to shoot these down until I looked at their site. They are heat treated like the Sampson and Predator tools are. They should be decent shovels but I prefer a round handle to grab onto
The GRAVE DIGGER shovels are the best i have used . I hunt woods and fields and cellar holes and these grave diggers are light and i do not think you could ever break one a very strong tool . And the extra process of POWDER COATING paint..put on them i really like..

Last edited:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
18 in. Sampson T handle...........Love it,

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GRAVE DIGGER shovels are the best i have used . I hunt woods and fields and cellar holes and these grave diggers are light and i do not think you could ever break one a very strong tool . And the extra process of POWDER COATING paint..put on them i really like..

I don't worry about breaking my Sampson, but I have bent it a couple times. I do worry that very many more time and it will fail from stress fatigue. I'm going to check out those grave diggers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread