Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Isn't that the most frustrating thing about this hobby??? I spent about 9 months working to get permission at the one place because it sold to some people outside of town, and the other one kind of fell into my lap. Either way though I was sure there would be something good at both of them and came back struck out. As far as I know neither have been detected in the past 20 years or so according to the owners (including the previous owner of the one property) but both are loaded with 200 years of trash scraps and I can hardly get any signals deeper than about 4". The real killer is I know a guy that was doing a renovation on the one house...they pulled down part of a ceiling and had an 1807 half dollar roll and hit him in the head and then he found a 1730 KGII recently when they were digging out in the yard to put in a french drain. Gotta be other stuff there if they got those two without a detector!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think! Keep digging that trash and you'll find something good sooner or later.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to dig the the junk to find the gold

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Could be mineralization if you're not getting depth. You're not alone... it happens to me quite often and it can be a pain, but keep working the sites, go far outside of the yard or work in the iron patch, something is bound to cough up. GL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread