Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I Picked up a 6 foot display case I saw on craigslist. This thing was in a barn with no bottom no lights no sliding glass, pretty much a dirty shell of what once was a case. I started with a clean up and removing the top glass to replace the seal that was full of dead bugs and glitter for some reason :icon_scratch:. I then installed an 8 foot LED light strip along the sides and top and hid the wire through the frame and into the bottom which would get hidden with a new base. I cut and stained the new base for it and build custom shelves and stained to match the base. I took some measurements and had a local glass place cut the sliding front for me. I think this thing came out great and gives off a museum vibe lit up in the house. Enjoy guys!
IMG_20161012_181733.jpg IMG_20161012_191528.jpg IMG_20161012_185440.jpg IMG_20161016_161337.jpg IMG_20161111_191838.jpg IMG_20161111_202751.jpg IMG_20161112_203934.jpg

Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice! You could go into the business of making them!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome! Looks well crafted. Well done, Sir. :thumbsup:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now that is classy looking....nice work!:icon_thumright:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumright: Awesome display case, I'd love to have something like that, but it does not fit in with the wife's idea of decor. I am relegated to a small area in the craft room where I plan on installing a shelf and 3 printer drawers.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Showtime, you did a Fantastic job on your display case. Well Done indeed. Professional looking. This case looks pretty close to my display case that I bought some years ago off of craigslist. My case supposedly came from one of the theatres in downtown Atlanta. The case I have has the glass top, front & sides and has sliding wooden panel doors on the backside. It has two glass shelves that run the length of the case. I really like the way you installed the smaller frame and shelves inside the case. It gives you a lot more room to display smaller artifacts or finds where they can be easily seen. It looks as though you put both a lot of work & thought into this. You should be proud, it looks Great.

OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys for all of the kind words. As I believe you know Loco-digger, my wife detects too so it is much easier for me to get away with this in our dinning room Haha. She has finds in the case as well. :icon_thumright:

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I like it, well made!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Excellent Idea. Those type glass display cases ought to be easy to come by, from any business that ever went out of business. They're common in dept. stores, etc..., so finding one shouldn't be hard to come by.

I made a cabinet drawer of pull-out museum trays by getting blueprint cabinets. Since everything is done electronically on 'puters for the last few decades, therefore blueprint cabinets are becoming a thing of the past, and easy to pick up on the used market. But I love your idea for the type display that objects remain permanently on-display. Thanx for showing !

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Those kinds of cabinets go for big $$ in our area. Almost doesn't matter the condition, either. Most will end up in a resale shop somewhere, or at one of those perpetual garage sales. I do happen to know a guy who got one given to him (MANY years ago) and he turned it into his trophy case. They'd be great in most any room where you want to display something for sale or, for dust-free display.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super cool display...
For a superb collection.
Nice.

Btw... I have to know... what does the rest of that sign say "mellowed 100 million years" ?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man that is SWEET! Congrats, and you have an awesome display! :headbang:

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
EXCELLENT example of turning ugly commercial fixtures into a worthy centerpiece for the home.

I consider myself to be pretty dang picky about furniture and i envy the hell out of your end result.

The illuminated photo looks SHARP!

~Tejaas~

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job! Looks like you will need a second one soon. That's a great problem to have. [emoji106]

OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super cool display...
For a superb collection.
Nice.

Btw... I have to know... what does the rest of that sign say "mellowed 100 million years" ?

IMG_20161114_213747.jpg

OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Looks like you will need a second one soon. That's a great problem to have. [emoji106]

You aren't kidding, Something I'll never complain about haha. I have another idea to re-purpose old 6 or 9 panel windows for another case.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You really did a great job with that. Looks fantastic!

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Coming from someone who was robbed before... you just made it really easy for a robber to find everything and be gone in seconds. Unless you don't mind losing whatever is in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread