Just bought a Treasure Hunter 3030

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Well I don't know a thing about the 3030 but if it works you will know real soon.
Test it out at home with a few coins and nails to find out what you will hear and get an ideal of it's depth.
If it just works OK then at least it works.
A lot of what you read over this form are from people like me that have been hunting for a long time but are all more then willing to give our 2 cents.
If you don't like the 3030 then sell it and get a Garrett Ace 250 to start out with and you will love it as a starter.

Glad to have you on the form and HH
? ? ? ?Red

OP
OP
N

NewYorker

Hey Mike,
Thanks, i already visited that site, and I figure they will say nothing but good things because it is a product they sell, and figured I would ask you all since the people who purchase them are the ones who will tell the truth. i will wait until I get it i guess, and will keep everyone up to date as to what I find out. Hopefully it will be a good detector. Thanks again ;D

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
don't get discouraged if you put it together and turn it on inside and you get crazy signals like mad. take it outside and try it out in your yard. I was about ready to rny a jackhammer after all the signals I was getting in my cement floors, lol. I opted to go outside instead.

mike

OP
OP
N

NewYorker

Thanks Red, i will do that. It just bothers me that I spent the money on this when I was looking at a 250, but decided to go with this because I did not have the extra $40. Man I wish i would have waited.....Errrrrrrrr :'(

OP
OP
N

NewYorker

I just ordered it tonight, so i am going to see if I can cancel and get a refund, and then get the ACE 250. That is a pretty good detector, right?

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Like Mike said you might have a good detector there and be happy with it.
Back in the early 70s when I started my detector couldn't find a quarter 4in. deep but I kept hunting and stepping up in detectors.
I bet that 3030 is not as bad as my old Best Buy detector back then.
MDing is a great hobby so if that 3030 don't do what you want then save up and come summer time up there go get that Garrett you will read a lot good about it here.
And then one day you will want another one with a few more bells and whistles to even find more.

? Have fun hunting

? ?Red

OP
OP
N

NewYorker

Even though the Garrett Ace 250 search coil is only 6+ inches, is it still pretty good searching, or will i need to upgrade the search coil? Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread