Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
An easy transition would be from an ATpro to an Ace200. :laughing7:

But it would help anyone else reading to know what you want to use the second machine for specically. :thumbsup:

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always had a 2nd detector but the upgrade was to an AT Pro. Detectors are just like women. They are all different in their own ways with different benefits and features. Some do things better then others but they all have their flaws. I've never been just a one detector/women type of guy. Variety is something I like. It's always best to have another one around as a back up. I have no loyalty to just one type or brand. Yeah, I know I'm going straight to hell but if there wasn't so many different types and varieties the temptation wouldn't be there !!!

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your close to a beach get yourself a nice salt water machine.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Deus or CTX

Otherwise, why bother?

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have always had a 2nd detector but the upgrade was to an AT Pro. Detectors are just like women. They are all different in their own ways with different benefits and features. Some do things better then others but they all have their flaws. I've never been just a one detector/women type of guy. Variety is something I like. It's always best to have another one around as a back up. I have no loyalty to just one type or brand. Yeah, I know I'm going straight to hell but if their wasn't so many different types and varieties the temptation wouldn't be there !!!
there is at least one big difference between women and detectors, you would not want to bring more than one woman on the same trip! :laughing7:

I don't consider it moving from, but I got he XP Deus after the AT Pro. I like both and will keep both. I definitely will not take my Deus out in the rain or use to hunt a river, for example. I also have a deep running Fisher CZ-5 when i want to be analog and more old school. I say like ham radios, you can't have too many detectors only too few.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of my friends who hunted with the ATP moved up to the XP Deus while other went the FBS route via E Trac or CTX 3030. I keep 4 detectors in my arsenal. My F75LTD2 is my daily driver, I have a Deus (still learning), I have a dedicated fresh water detector, and I just got a great deal on an F2 w/s coils which I feel comfortable in lending to property owners if they are interested in hunting their property with me. It's an easy machine for a newbie to understand. I am still pondering adding an FBS machine to my arsenal. Good Luck in what ever route you go.

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most of my friends who hunted with the ATP moved up to the XP Deus while other went the FBS route via E Trac or CTX 3030. I keep 4 detectors in my arsenal. My F75LTD2 is my daily driver, I have a Deus (still learning), I have a dedicated fresh water detector, and I just got a great deal on an F2 w/s coils which I feel comfortable in lending to property owners if they are interested in hunting their property with me. It's an easy machine for a newbie to understand. I am still pondering adding an FBS machine to my arsenal. Good Luck in what ever route you go.

you bring up an EXCELLENT mechanism for gaining permissions, invite the property owner to hunt with you. great idea! I am glad that I thought of this one! seriously though, excellent idea! :thumbsup:

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your just getting to know the machine then I would stick with it. The more you know your machines language the more finds your going to make. Why start over on a new language now?

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's nothing wrong with having several machines, and I have been wanting a CTX. Just can't swallow the price. Here is something to think about. A man who owns two or three guns is usually a much better shot than a man who owns ten.

HH RN

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Deus or CTX

Otherwise, why bother?

If you hunt land only, Deus. If you want to hit saltier wet areas CTX.

Deepseeker is all over it. I went from ATP to Deus several years ago, and have only used the ATP a couple times afterwards.

Here is the issue I see: ATP is a good machine. The better you know the machine, the better you will do. Experienced hunters will tell you it's the man not the machine. Learning the subtle sounds of a machine takes time, switching machines will extend this time, and double the sounds you need to learn. Sort of like learning (2) foreign languages at the same time.

I used my ATP for less than 120 days before switching to Deus, for wirelessness and weight reasons... and I like new toys! So I didn't really take my above advice.

Once again, best of luck to you sir!

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There's nothing wrong with having several machines, and I have been wanting a CTX. Just can't swallow the price. Here is something to think about. A man who owns two or three guns is usually a much better shot than a man who owns ten.

HH RN

I think I am following this:

...and crooks are less likely to jump over the backyard fence to steal the multiple metal detectors owned by the man who has several guns! :dontknow:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HH RN
I guess if you have to fire all the guns at the same time, that would be true. Otherwise, I doubt it is, assuming you spend the same amount of time on each.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
there is at least one big difference between women and detectors, you would not want to bring more than one woman on the same trip! :laughing7:

Umm...

If everyone of them is a swinger then I sure as hell would! :3some:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't like the gun comparisons. Ever watch Top Shot?

A person with a firm understanding of basic marksmanship principals grounded in training can actually overcome many of the limitations inherent in firearms with just a short amount of time practicing.

Seen it many times myself.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like the gun comparisons. Ever watch Top Shot?

A person with a firm understanding of basic marksmanship principals grounded in training can actually overcome many of the limitations inherent in firearms with just a short amount of time practicing.

Seen it many times myself.
I agree. And the same can be said about metal detectors. A man with a good ear for tone will learn much quicker. my point is that it is much easier to master one or two tools than it is ten. If you have ten it will take ten times longer to be proficient with each as it does one. All I'm saying is alot of people depend to much on which detector they own instead of their ability.

HH RN

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't consider it moving from, but I got he XP Deus after the AT Pro. I like both and will keep both. I definitely will not take my Deus out in the rain or use to hunt a river, for example. I also have a deep running Fisher CZ-5 when i want to be analog and more old school. I say like ham radios, you can't have too many detectors only too few.

You are right about not taking two on the same trip !!! Holy feces would hit the fan !!! I'm not sure, but I believe it's in their DNA to be selfish and not share detectors or detectorist. Women and metal detectors have a lot in common. You can spend a lot of money on them and end up finding that they're just so, so. They both look great coming out of the package but some don't perform as expected.

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umm...

If everyone of them is a swinger then I sure as hell would! :3some:

Wish me and my wife could find another couple to detect with and at the end of the day to share some pie.
Apple and Pumpkin are highly overrated.
Whatever happened to just sharing a nice old fashioned style Cream Pie at the end of the day ? FNM_060111-OOT-B004_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni18col.jpeg

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro has been fun. Lifetime warranty. Learn the machine and it can be productive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread