Whites Eagle Spectrum VID Meter Blacks Out

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Lately my VID meter on my Eagle Spectrum will go blank after using it for awhile. You can't read anything. It doesn't seem to effect the machine, you just don't get any reading. You can turn it off and then back on, and it works again for awhile. At first I thought it was this heat that was effecting the meter, but now I don't think so. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you really need the meter, you will need to send it in for repairs. Whites has a fast turn around time.

clockdryve

Greenie
Dec 10, 2005
Old post here - But people will look here for answers. The problem is with a data cable harness inside the meter. Needs to be removed and the pins on the board need cleaned. Remove harness by using needle nose pliers or forceps - do NOT pull on wires or try to unlock splice bar. After cleaning with pencil eraser or lightly scraping with knife or plastic friendly electronics cleaner... put harness back on (get pins aligned correctly and same direction). Tadaaaa........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread