Tip Protectors - For Sale - $5 for 3... shipped USA

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All...

EDIT: THIS OFFER IS NOW at $8, if you want 3 protectors through T-NET. Due to the cost of shipping, and the product, I was losing money on each one I sent out at $5. I expected that, though, which is why it was a limited offer at the $5 price for T-Net folks.

eBay link for $9, if you prefer to purchase there...http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/112241454123? (International folks, this is where you should make the purchase, as eBay facilitates the shipping internationally).

Cheers,

Skippy

I contacted a manufacturer and had 100 of these made to my specifications.

They are 1.5" long and are 0.06" thick (60 mils). They are VERY durable. I've been using a slightly smaller, 1-inch one, on my pin pointer for the last 4 months. I decided a little longer was better, as it covers the blade better. The one I trial tested shows almost NO wear at all, even after thoroughly using it. I even "dig" more confidently with the tip in the dirt. I did notice, though, over time, the softness/pliability of the vinyl tends to harden and take on the shape of the pin pointer (not an issue, but something to be aware of if you take it off and put it back on again... it's normal for the material).

The cost for T-Netters is only $8 for THREE of them, shipping included. This will be BY FAR the least expensive set of pin pointer protectors you'll probably be able to purchase commercially. They are only guaranteed to fit the Pro Pointer, Pro Pointer II, and Garrett Pro Pointer AT (Carrot). The best fit will be on a new device, as worn tips may result in a slight gap at the end. I don't expect problems, though, because the product can be pressed snugly against the end during install.

It's quite likely, you may never have to purchase another pin pointer protector set. I'd be surprised if you ever make it through 2 of them! ... and only for $8! Cheaper than "dipping" or buying protectors commercially.

This deal is for USA folks only (USA/APO), as I'll be shipping first class US Mail. If you are international, please use the eBay link above.

PM me a request with your e-mail address, and I'll send back a Paypal request for the $8. Please pay for it as a good or service (not a gift). This will enable me to print your shipping address and ensures you automatically get a tracking number of the shipment. It also speeds things up, in case I don't have stamps at the house! I will print and ship as soon as I get the payment (because your address will be included through Paypal).

Merry Christmas!

Skippy

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

EDIT: In case you missed it, please send me a Private Message, if you would like one of these (responding to the thread is more dangerous, since it's possible someone could reply to you with a bogus account info...) To send me a Private Message, click the Skippy SH13 name to the left of my post, and click "Private Message" (Like you see in the below image).
, and then send me your e-mail address to where I can send the $8 request.

Private message.png
Cheers!

Skippy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had some inquiry into whether or not these will fit the TRX pinpointers. Sadly the answer is NO. TRX pinpointers have a 0.75-inch tip, and the Garrett's have a 0.875-inch tip. The pin pointer protectors I'm selling will not fit the TRX (they'll fall off).

Sorry! I might branch out someday into the TRX market, but product testing is "tough" when I don't have a TRX. LOL

Cheers,

Skippy

kenonimo

Nov 25, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Skippy! I'll take 3 for $5

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got mine in the mail today (wow fast shipping) and they are easily worth what he is asking. What else can you buy for this hobby at the price of a "Value Meal"? The fit is very good and the idea is fantastic...I hope you sell a ton of them.
My Pro Pointer AT thanks you,
Scott

mhoecker

Dec 1, 2016
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's TDI Pulsescan, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my tip protectors today. Really nice and well worth the asking price. It may take a long time to wear one of these out!

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine came in the mail too. Cleaned up the pointer and installed. Happy pointer happy detecting.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine came it too. I still need to clean my gear, but will be installing one on both the carrot and pro pointer. You da man Skippy. :headbang:

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got mine in the mail today (wow fast shipping) and they are easily worth what he is asking. What else can you buy for this hobby at the price of a "Value Meal"? The fit is very good and the idea is fantastic...I hope you sell a ton of them.
My Pro Pointer AT thanks you,
Scott
I got my tip protectors today. Really nice and well worth the asking price. It may take a long time to wear one of these out!
Mine came in the mail too. Cleaned up the pointer and installed. Happy pointer happy detecting.
Mine came it too. I still need to clean my gear, but will be installing one on both the carrot and pro pointer. You da man Skippy. :headbang:

Thanks, guys! I'm glad you're happy with them, and I hope lots of people get them, too, if for no other reason than to enjoy their hobby more. Dig and recover with confidence!

Also, if any of you (who have received a set) have any suggestions that make it into the next batch (ordered after this first set is sold) I'm happy to send you a new model for free. :) I'm already considering adding another .5 inches to the protector, to allow more "wand digging" without getting junk under the cap. Colors are out, too, as I have to buy in bulk. Anything else, though is fair game!

Cheers!

Skippy

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the length is fine as far as I can tell. Any longer may make it harder to get on/off for cleaning.

Thank you again for the awesome idea and deal.

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine came in the mail today and it is a great product!!! whoever own garret pinpointers need these. thanks to skippy for a great deal!!! merry christmas to skippy and his family

jinx

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2016
Land O Lakes / Hudson (Florida)
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine arrived a day or so ago. Works perfectly. Gives me extra peace of mind for when I loan my pinpointer to folks who have a habit of digging with it... ;)

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, Skippy. I'll take 2 for my wife..... oops, never mind. I misread the title of your post. ��

pen

Apr 7, 2015
Ardmore, AL
Detector(s) used
Deus, AT Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine. Nice fit on the carrot!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte