Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a handful of clad, 2 silver Washington's 1940 & 1943, 4 Wheaties, a Louisiana luxury tax token and one Mississippi sales tax token which is pretty cool. And then last but not least my military sterling silver ring which is obviously missing the stone and I will return to that hole and try to find it. Can anybody help me out on the ring? One side has the go with the rifle's crossing and one side has the eagle and the swords crossing.
db94bf7a7943b32d79f20a9db0665fc3.jpg
8088b210d1f0166a819a8566309c5d1f.jpg
93e3e9719b5a5b15bee5cca4557f113e.jpg
c218dbba589567b9ad105dee1d6c53e3.jpg
eaf919c505c7c3ea60fc3300e8b04bfb.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know what the ring could be.....other than a great find!
Congrats on th silvers too....

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude you rocked it. :headbang: Congrats on those keepers. :occasion14: Sorry I am no help on the fat ring.

greenwyvern

Apr 11, 2014
Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 & Delta 4000 & Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was USMC & collect Marine rings. That has brought me into contact with some U S Army rings. Strange thing about this ring is the fact that the swords are upside down. Normally the crossed swords (denotes cavalry) are shown hilt down, points up, in U S Army. The crossed muskets denote infantry. Maybe a generic style. I have generic USMC rings with the same scroll work near the bottom.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was USMC & collect Marine rings. That has brought me into contact with some U S Army rings. Strange thing about this ring is the fact that the swords are upside down. Normally the crossed swords (denotes cavalry) are shown hilt down, points up, in U S Army. The crossed muskets denote infantry. Maybe a generic style. I have generic USMC rings with the same scroll work near the bottom.

Thanks greenwyvern and thank you so much for your service. It was 8"
deep same as the silver quarters, so the ring is probably from the 40's.

greenwyvern

Apr 11, 2014
Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 & Delta 4000 & Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks greenwyvern and thank you so much for your service. It was 8"
deep same as the silver quarters, so the ring is probably from the 40's.

I knew I recognized that hallmark. Have a USMC ring designed by them. It is the Kinney Co. out of Providence RI. Don't know if they are still in business but the address is 14 Blount St. Providence RI. They first used that hallmark in 1934 and was still using it in the 1970s.
They were known for high quality class and military rings as well as other sterling jewelry. I still don't understand why the swords are displayed hilt up instead of hilt down which is the norm. But I'm not an Army guy...That would be something you could research further. Maybe it has a special meaning or belongs to a special Army group. Great find. I would not replace the center piece until I researched more as there may be a certain crown that goes to the two sides. Note that there may have been a crown (probably emblem) surrounded by blue stone. HH

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I knew I recognized that hallmark. Have a USMC ring designed by them. It is the Kinney Co. out of Providence RI. Don't know if they are still in business but the address is 14 Blount St. Providence RI. They first used that hallmark in 1934 and was still using it in the 1970s.
They were known for high quality class and military rings as well as other sterling jewelry. I still don't understand why the swords are displayed hilt up instead of hilt down which is the norm. But I'm not an Army guy...That would be something you could research further. Maybe it has a special meaning or belongs to a special Army group. Great find. I would not replace the center piece until I researched more as there may be a certain crown that goes to the two sides. Note that there may have been a crown (probably emblem) surrounded by blue stone. HH

You are the man! I found it on the levee behind a old abandoned boys high school. Could it have been a ROTC ring?
de243f7c6165ed858ea0de3821a9cf86.jpg
c483f4549fe4c5de07dc45b8f15451dc.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread