Cancelled the order for the 3030 and bought the 250.....Did I do the right thing

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i would believe so, alot of good has been said about the ace haven't seen much on the treasure hunters, ive read their underwater models are pretty much junk, going to buy my son the ace 250 pretty quick

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll like the 250 it's a good machine for the money, and has a lot of features offered on Garretts higher end models!

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Re: Cancelled the order for the 3030 and bought the 250.....Did I do the right t

Is this the one you were going to buy?

If so you made a very wise decision in choosing the Garrett. The 3030 is nothing more than a toy

Attachments

• MD3010_profile_web.jpg
    MD3010_profile_web.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 301

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROFLMAO!!!

It looks like a cartoon detector!!! ;D

Even Garrett's lowest end model BLOWS that thing away!!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with the majority here and say you made a WISE choice. Everything I've read about Treasure Hunters has mostly been negative, and everyting on the ACE250 has been positive. I have the ACE250 myself, but I've only had the chance to have ot out for about an hour. I CAN tell you it seems to be a marked imporvement over my old BH Pioneer 101, which I did and still do like! I think you'll be glad you made the choice you did! Good luck!

OP
OP
N

NewYorker

Re: Cancelled the order for the 3030 and bought the 250.....Did I do the right t

Yes, the pic of the 3030 is the one I was going to get. i am glad I made a wise choice in taking the 250 instead. It also comes with a free cary bag, 2 books, an apron and headphones. Does anyone have this package to give me an idea if the headphones are any good? Thanks guys ;D

jimmyokla

Dec 19, 2004
Yes I got the same package and they are nice headphones and the apron and toolbag arn't shabby either.You will love the ace 250 I do.

OP
OP
N

NewYorker

This is the one I got. this is the one you guys are saying is good, right?

OP
OP
N

NewYorker

On my last reply, I tried to add a pic, but it did not work. Not to familiar with how to use all these buttons on the post reply area. Anyways, does anyone know where it is legal to look for things. Like is it ok to go to the park, or public places (beach of course I know is ok) and what places are you not allowed to look?

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005

Hey New Yorker,

Most local public areas are OK, but in some places you may need to obtain permission before hunting county parks and school sites. State parks require permission and usually have specific areas where one would be allow to hunt. Federal parks and seashores are mostly forbidden territory. What ever you do don't stray into federal owned land.

In my area some local parks require permission, and some don't. I been hunting in parks and have never been bothered by any park personnel over my activities. As far as I know there are no laws strictly forbidding metal detecting in my neck of the woods.

If you are denied access to public parks or other public areas like schools, ask to see the ordinance that forbids detecting. Don't take their word for the gospel. If their is a law it must be posted somewhere. Sometimes the bureaucrats don't know what their talking about.

Dave

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
;D You will definitely be smiling when you crank up that Garrett and start hunting.
I'm glad we were able to help you out and you got to cancel the 3030 and get the Ace 250.

The best advice is read read read that owners manual and do what it says.
If you need to know anything or if you have any problem with the 250 all you have to do is call Garrett. There are some real good people that work at Garrett up in Dallas where they are made. I've been to there factory a few times and have had great service from them on everything.and that counts for a lot.

I've owned Garrett's for many years and still use my GTAx 500 over my Fisher CZ70 in trashy areas. and from what I hear the 250 is comparable to the older 500.

From what I know Winchester makes a great 3030 and Garrett makes a great Metal Detector.

Red

OP
OP
N

NewYorker

Well guys, i am feeling quite a bit better. i looked on the internet also and have not found 1 bad thing about the 250. in fact they all said, that pretty much what ever it shows is in the ground.....when you dig it up....that is what it was. if it says it is 5 cents, it usually is, or if it is 25 cents, it usually is, etc. Can anyone also tell me exactly what it tells you....as in 5, 10, 25, 50 cent pieces, nails, etc? Thanks guys. you all are helping a Newbie MD starter understand the ins and outs. thanks so much!! ;D

R

rvbvetter

Definitly the right choice. When looking to hunt a park, look for signs of how old it is. Any old plaques or monuments will help determine if the parks old, any large trees with roots exposed is an indicator. Just eyeball it and you'll be able to tell. Old parks=old coins, new parks=new change. Grass strips between sidewalk and the street curb in older areas can be very good. Leave posts and let us know how you're doing. Good luck HH

D

Darod

Probably, the absolute BEST decision you've ever made! ;)

The 250 is a "REAL" detector! unlike that thing you were going to purchase!
You can even get a 4.5" Sniper coil for the 250 now!

You did the right thing!

If you want to know more about the detector you just ordered, here is a link where you can download
the full spec sheet for it. Take a close look at the screen and you can see exactly what items it signals for.

http://www.garrett.com/manuals/specsheets/1139070.pdf

Hope this helps ya out some,
Rod

Wirechief

Greenie
Sep 5, 2004
I'm glad you changed your mind New Yorker, you will definitely be happier. The main thing to do is practice and become part of your instrument. Of course you can get good with a lot of the instruments that are offered but some are junk. Good luck and God Bless.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? John's Radio & Metal Detectors

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace, Garrett Pro Pointer

Hi,
You definatly made the right choice in cancelling the 3030 i have brought 2 Treasure Hunter detectors and found both to be very poor. I have heard excellent about Garrett detectors though.

HH
Sean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread