South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is my official non scientific listing of junk targets. (in order of agonizing frequency):

1: Pull-tabs
2: Foil
3: Can Slaw
4: Screw caps
5: Chain link fence aluminum bits
6: Bottle caps
7: Aluminum blobs
8: Lead blobs
9: Zippers
10: Sinkers
11: Pencil erasers
12: Bullets
13: Light bulbs

My typical hunting areas include: parks, schools, tot lots, beaches, sport fields, wooded areas.

Any of these look wildly out of sequence?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482356281.196241.jpg
Forgot to add a pic, for those not formally introduced

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks about right to me. It's too bad that we still find countless numbers of the new pull tabs as you show in your pic. Wish the price of aluminum would match silver.

CptJbud

Greenie
Jan 3, 2013
North Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to ask.. What kind of weirdo actually pulls modern tabs off the cans? I know it's the same psycho who thinks it's ok to toss them right where they'll junk up the signal of anything else around for 2sq feet...

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience, #5 jumps up near the top when I hunt elementary school grounds. I find all manner of construction related junk on those kinds of sites, way more than I have evan at middle or high schools. Not sure why.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunt those places too, and find that same stuff. I expected to find bottle caps, can slaw and foil. But those pencil erasers ALWAYS sound deep and good, and I grit my teeth every time one shows up. I got (4) the other day!

Digging all (most) of the targets will pay off in the long run, but it will wear you out, if you're old like me!

Best of luck to you sir.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my official non scientific listing of junk targets. (in order of agonizing frequency):

1: Pull-tabs
2: Foil
3: Can Slaw
4: Screw caps
5: Chain link fence aluminum bits
6: Bottle caps
7: Aluminum blobs
8: Lead blobs
9: Zippers
10: Sinkers
11: Pencil erasers
12: Bullets
13: Light bulbs

My typical hunting areas include: parks, schools, tot lots, beaches, sport fields, wooded areas.

Any of these look wildly out of sequence?
In my various hunting venues, It would depend on location and which machine I'm using. When I'm hunting with an E-trac or CTX, I don't hardly ever dig a bottle cap. With the Excalibur, I dig quite a few. Around the military bases or hunting areas, I dig a lot of bullets and shell casings. At parks, I don't find any aluminum "nuggets". At a beach with fire rings, There's tons of them. The top of my junk list is crusty zinc cents! :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions