I have my first metal detector

Cannonfury

Dec 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bought my 1st metal detector, it is called a "Bounty Hunter:Long Star Pro". I am not sure if it is good but we shall see. It has a screen with all kinds of info(which I am not sure what it all means lol), the machine also came with headphones..

My 1st place to search will be my grandparents land, which they are the only people to have lived on it since the 1950's. It was woods before they built their house there.

Upvote 0

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bought my 1st metal detector, it is called a "Bounty Hunter:Long Star Pro". I am not sure if it is good but we shall see. It has a screen with all kinds of info(which I am not sure what it all means lol), the machine also came with headphones..

My 1st place to search will be my grandparents land, which they are the only people to have lived on it since the 1950's. It was woods before they built their house there.

It'll be the most interesting addictive hobby you've ever had. Enjoy yourself and never give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're in the right place. Lots of good info here if you spend a little time diggin around. Click here to go to the Bounty Hunter pages on this site. It may be easier to find info specific to your machine and also to ask questions that may be machine specific.

Happy Hunting

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig everything until your use to the machine. Understand the soil is never the same as to; iron sandy etc. Even if you drive a mile down the road you would be surprised. When someone asked you what you found, say; tin foil /junk....nothing here but nails....lol Your not lieing but you know you have found a nice ring, merc in the pouch.

Oh have a test bed in the yard and practice...Good luck

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck , my first machine was a bounty hunter 2200 and got hooked

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll find that some mock lower end machines, but there is nothing wrong with BH series, I started with a similar machine [Ace 250] and found $1,000's worth of stuff.
I have since upgraded machines, but I still use the lower end machine quite a bit since I keep it in my truck all detecting season.

In fact, I think it is wise to start with a machine that is more basic, as the learning curve of an advanced machine can be counter productive to someone just starting out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread