OP
OP
M

mikko_oma

Greenie
Dec 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i really dont know what machine and that s why i asked !

OP
OP
M

mikko_oma

Greenie
Dec 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how is that two box update ? do you have any informations about this ?

OP
OP
M

mikko_oma

Greenie
Dec 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i am not looking only for small items lol, maybe something big like an old treasure :)

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well i am not looking only for small items lol, maybe something big like an old treasure :)
Garret GTI 2500 with optional treadurehound eagle eye searchcoil. Will handle everything your "looking" for. Good luck!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a secret for you. You have to put it over a treasure to find one. Also, do you know what the rules are in places like the Sahara? You can't just go anywhere and start detecting. And you can bet good money there's not a snowball's chance in hell I would go out that part of the world this day and age! Don't lose your head!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The answer, as you did here, to "what is the best machine", is to turn the question around and ask "what purpose are you going to use it for ?". And then will typically list examples of what we're talking about. Eg.: Turf? jewelry ? beach? Caches? relicky spots ? Nuggets ? etc.... And typically the answer will always be: "All of the above".

So I've gotten to where I always include the suffix : " ..... And don't say 'all of the above' " doh!

OP
OP
M

mikko_oma

Greenie
Dec 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the rules i know is not detect in the private sites!!!! right ? :)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
well the rules i know is not detect in the private sites!!!! right ? :)

You're referring to enamel7 #27 post, right ? He was no doubt posing the question for border-to-border. Even on private land (as if a farmer can't say what the heck he wants to do on his own land ??)

Welcome to T'net: Whenever some country in the world, beside the USA or Britain is ever mentioned, there will invariably be skittish person's who muse: "Is m'ding allowed?". As if only md'ing is allowed in the UK and USA, but never "a strange place that doesn't speak english". Nevermind that in the USA and Britain : SO TOO do we not have "carte-blanche" to historic sensitive monuments (ie.: laws exist HERE too).

And to add to the paranoia is that any time some middle-eastern country is mused about: The image the skittish have, is : Your head will roll, hands cut off, locked in dungeons (with snakes etc....) Because certainly swashbuckling warriors roam the streets to kill all white guys they see. Right ?

Sure, don't throw caution to the wind. Sure, look up rules (for yourself) if you are skittish, to see if there were truly/really any "no md'ing" law border-to-border, even on private land). But otherwise, some people watched a few too many Raiders of the Lost Ark movies. IMHO.

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't thinking in that way at all. More like you don't know what terrorist is hanging out ready to grab some infidel. If you believe that option doesn't exist then get your head out of the books. I also am sure it's not just ok to metal detect in places like say, Egypt.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cat doesn't have my tongue. I simply asked my questions to find out if this person has a firm grasp on what the the various machines are, or if they need an education first. Since they answered "all of the above," as you indicated, I have no intention of attempting to pick out a machine for them. What I WILL do, is provide points of learning, so they can better understand what is being offered in the market.

Frankly, with "Google" being available, pretty much world-wide, it makes more sense for Mikka to be directed to what the capabilities of metal detectors are, instead of having forum members just throw out "Two box". That won't make any sense to someone who doesn't understand the basic technology and capabilities of VLF, PI, and Two Box systems.

Mikka, Here's some research start:

Differences between VLF, PI, and BFO (Two-Box). This will only tell you the technical differences:
Metal Detectors - Theory and Practice - VLF, PI and BFO Schematics

What a Two Box Metal Detector can do for you:
What are the Best Two Box and Deep Metal Detectors? | MetalDetector.com

Answering your question about the Makro Gold Racer. This link contains Air Testing -(Shows how deep the Makro Gold Racer will actually detect) - Please Note! A large men's gold ring only detected to 38cm. This is good, but not out of the ordinary for these types of detectors.
Makro Gold Racer. NEW 2016 | MD-Hunter Blog

Basic Comparison of Handheld Detectors:
Metal Detector Comparison Table - Mr Metal Detector

Basic Chart showing the Depth Maximums of the above charted Metal Detectors: - Please note! Under some ideal conditions you can add a maximum of about 50% to each of these depths, but adding half of the depth possibility to a 9-inch depth, only takes it to 13.5-inches... Also extremely large objects (such as a car hood), will actually detect even farther away.
Metal Detector Maximum Depths for Coin Shooting - Mr Metal Detector

EDIT: I should also note, that typically, a pile of coins, or a long chain, or anything where there are multiple targets, the detectors will typically give you the strongest signal off a single target in the pile. Metal Detectors rarely will detect a pile of individual targets as a large "lump." This makes it very difficult to detect piles of targets at depth, unless you're using Two-Box detectors (which are looking for such things).

Cheers,

Skippy

You're the man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filthylucre59

Nov 15, 2014
daytona beach
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark,whites dual field,whites mx sport
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Since you're just starting out try a Fisher F-2 or F-4.Inexpensive and they'll get the job done.If you decide that MDing isn't what you thought you're not out of a lot of money and you can quickly resell the unit.Some of the mid to higher end units require a steep learning curve and a beginner might find it confusing and then just give up.You have to take into consideration what type of ground you'll be operating in.Inexpensive units can't detect well in wet salt sand for example and aren't quite up to prospecting for small gold.You have a bit to learn no matter what kind or brand of detector.Just DO stay away from anything made in China...they just don't work well.Good luck!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you're just starting out try a Fisher F-2 or F-4.Inexpensive and they'll get the job done.If you decide that MDing isn't what you thought you're not out of a lot of money and you can quickly resell the unit.Some of the mid to higher end units require a steep learning curve and a beginner might find it confusing and then just give up.You have to take into consideration what type of ground you'll be operating in.Inexpensive units can't detect well in wet salt sand for example and aren't quite up to prospecting for small gold.You have a bit to learn no matter what kind or brand of detector.Just DO stay away from anything made in China...they just don't work well.Good luck!

Really did read all the posts did you?:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions