The Cheap deep Metal Detector !

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would buy a good used White's MXT, I've detected with others that have V3i, and the E-trac and the MXT is every bit as deep. The MXT uses the same coils as the V3i, VX3, DFX, and the M6, so if you ever wanted to upgrade to the V3i or VX3 you could use the same coils but with the MXT there's really no need to upgrade once you get to know it good you'll never be outgunned. HH

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! What kind of detecting do you plan on doing? What targets are you searching for? What is your budget? "Deep" and "not expensive" are relative terms. We could use your definition before we give advice.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like we're thinking the same thing Skippy! You're just a bit quicker at it! :laughing7:

OP
OP
M

mikko_oma

Greenie
Dec 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for reply, well cheap mean that i dont want to buy something expensive like german treasure scanners ! the hunt plan is gold,coins,relics,jewelry, and even depth treasure! i hear something about MAKRO GOLD RACER detector it s something 1.5 meter depth but i am not sure !!!

OP
OP
M

mikko_oma

Greenie
Dec 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you cudamark, and i will say the same answer :), the hunt plan is gold,coins,relics,jewelry, and even depth treasure! i hear something about MAKRO GOLD RACER detector it s something 1.5 meter depth but i am not sure !!!

OP
OP
M

mikko_oma

Greenie
Dec 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks wingmaster, but can you tell me how cm or meter MXT is deep ?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
thank you cudamark, and i will say the same answer :), the hunt plan is gold,coins,relics,jewelry, and even depth treasure! i hear something about MAKRO GOLD RACER detector it s something 1.5 meter depth but i am not sure !!!

1.5 meters is 5' deep. You'd need a two box for that! I don't believe they are cheap.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
it cost something 780 EURO !!

I presume you're talking about the Macro Gold Racer. At 1.5 meters, unless I run over an automobile with my CTX, I'm not going to hear any sound at all. Here's a site I found which might interest you:

What are the Best Two Box and Deep Metal Detectors? | MetalDetector.com

Very Low Frequency (VLF)

Very low frequency (VLF) is used for locating deep treasures. This technology sends the signal out through the transmitter coil and then receives the signal through the receiver coil. This is one of the most common and popular technologies used in modern metal detectors today.

Deep Seeking VLF Metal Detectors:

Makro New JeoHunter Deep-Seeking 3D Dual System
Makro deephunter Pro Metal Detector System
Makro JeoTech
Garrett GTI 2500 Metal Detector
Whites TM 808 Metal Detector
Fisher Gemini-3 Metal Detector

The Macro Gold Racer won't go 1.5 meters deep on a coin. And a two box isn't used for coin shooting. If you've a serious location, you would probably need both types of detectors.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Where are you planning to do your hunting, the beach, inland, forest etc. That will help in your decision to narrow down a detector that will be great for the environment you plan to search.
Best of luck!

OP
OP
M

mikko_oma

Greenie
Dec 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the informations, and yes i was meaning A Makro Gold Racer ! i have send message to the Makro company and they said it can detect about 1 and half meter just it depens the target !!!!! is the Garrett GTI 2500 can detect gold or only for coins ??

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well with the right coil the MXT will get dimes at 10"+ with a few at a full 12" before, the depth of 1.5 meters you'll need a two box unit for sure and it will find anything big so you might be digging a car hood or a big cache. HH

OP
OP
M

mikko_oma

Greenie
Dec 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi Rustygold, well i am planing to start hunting in the forest , field, and sahara mountain !!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
hhhhhhhhhhh

It is reality my friend. Just to get started, from what I've read the Makro Gold Racer is a fine machine. But it's not a two box. I've never used one, but I know I've dug coins at 10-12 inches with many detectors. But I've never had a signal at 1.5 meters, and I've owned probably 14 different ones, since at one time I had 9, and now I have 5 additional ones. But I've never owned a two box. I'd pick one up if I were seeking a buried cache for which I had only very strong information. Strong information only! Don't spend the money unless you really, really have a deep target like that and your research does not exclude the location.

I'd suggest just getting the Makro, learning it, and simply seeing capabilities. 50" deep is a tall order on any detector you choose, unless you choose a two box. And you won't be chasing coins with that.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Three Questions:
What is "cheap?"
What do you plan to hunt with it (coins, relics, gold, jewelry?)
What do you consider "Deep?"

Skippy

..... the hunt plan is gold,coins,relics,jewelry, and even depth treasure!.....something 1.5 meter depth ....

This is just so classic ! Every time the logical question comes up (as is from Skippy & cudamark), .... then the answer is invariably "all of the above"!

And sure, who wouldn't want 1.5 meters (which is nearly 5 ft. deep !) ?? Ok Skippy, tell us what machine will find a coin at 5 ft. deep. What's the matter ?? Cat got your tongue ?

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're not going to find a detector that will find small items that deep. Your only real option is a shovel and sifter! :laughing7: As mentioned, a two box for bigger targets (soda can or larger) will detect that deep, but, not individual coins or small jewelry.

OP
OP
M

mikko_oma

Greenie
Dec 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes that s true maybe, but i think they have said about 1.5 meter if the target was something big not for coins !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions