I ordered Gray Ghost Amphibians - Any tips for the newbie?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Skippy, I'll be looking forward to your review!

Santa brought me Killer B's for Christmas. Though my hearing has suffered a lot over the years, I noted nothing about them over the CTX stock Koss headphones except for a volume control knob.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I love my GG Amphibians. I do a lot of detecting in wet conditions and bought them a year ago for my AT Gold so I could detect in the rain and shallow water without worrying about frying the stock headphones. Tones are slightly different but it didn't take long to get used to them. I can hear much fainter/deeper targets and it's easier for me to tell the slight differences in target signals, especially with junk like cans and bottle caps than with the stock phones. Good luck!

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I have noticed a difference in tones on bottle caps. It's much easier for me to skip the older, rusty ones now, however newer Corona and Heineken caps still sound like dimes or older penny's on my machine. Don't know what magic metal they are made of these days but since I dig most solid signals I unfortunately come home with a few every hunt. Good luck!

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I switched to GGA's on my Excalibur, and if I had it to do over, I might not have done it. It did give me a better sound quality, and the volume control is great, but, I find them uncomfortable and I wish they didn't seal quite so tight. If would be nice if they "breathed" better.....by that I mean, it's like having a suction cup over your ear. They drum pretty bad if you're chewing gum (which I like to do). If the cups were thicker to give you more ear clearance and had some vent holes, it would be a definite improvement. I may add some foam to the existing ones to see if that helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread