Gradiometer product

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
A good first stop in researching Long Range Locators is 'Inside the Metal Detector', a book written by engineers that specialize in this field. There is an entire chapter dedicated to this technology.

Also look up famous P.T. Barnum quotes, one of those is applicable when looking into the business plans of LRL producing companies.

Both of those sources will tell you to save your money, and invest in technology that has roots in science.

OP
OP
Mackaydon

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
beerguy,
Yes, I believe I know the P.T. Barnum quote you allude to.
Actually, I have never heard of this machine and was just seeking opinions from those who may have used it.
Thanks for you thoughts; and Happy New Year.
Don..

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Beer-guy: Obviously you are mistaken. Because haven't you seen the pictures of those guys posing next to jars of coins they found? Tsk tsk. ;)

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely this device is a fluxgate magnetometer, not really part of the LRL ilk. A differential mag is often called a gradiometer. However, a diff mag only detects magnetic field anomalies, usually due to iron targets. It's ability to detect voids is limited, and the claim of being able to detect gold is specious at best. Most of the reports I've seen from people who have used similar devices aren't very flattering, probably because they thought they were buying a magic treasure detector instead of a magnetometer.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If these Long range detectors really worked and had the capabilities of finding precious metals, the government would have mounted them on satellites years ago.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If these Long range detectors really worked and had the capabilities of finding precious metals, the government would have mounted them on satellites years ago.

Aaahhh, but don't you see that they DO work well on satellites. The reason you don't hear about it, is that it's a conspiracy hush job by the highest levels of the government. Because they don't want you and I to go out and find the treasure vaults they are trying to keep hidden. Pretty clever of them, eh ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread