Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any of the 3 are capable for what you are looking for.

The Dues only has 3 coil options at this time (9", 11", & 13") be ready to dig some iron which will ring up as a high tone. They really do need to introduce a smaller coil to get better separation in trashy areas. The best things it has going over the other 2 choices is it can be ran in 4 different frequencies and it's ultra light, and is wireless.

I have never swung a Makro, but hear good things about the 2 series.

I am very familiar with the F75 and it has many coil options. Mine has boost process which can get you a little more depth than the other processes.

The AT pro could have found almost all of my finds.

If you are mainly looking for jewelry I think you should also add the Teknetics G2 or Fisher GB2 to your list.

Skippy SH13 does very well finding Jewelry with his AT Pro. He digs about 1000 pull tabs to every ring he pulls though. It's the price you pay when looking for gold jewelry.

Maybe you should PM Skippy, he's house bound now and I am sure he'd love to answer any of your questions and concerns regarding jewelry hunting with the AT Pro.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any of the 3 are capable for what you are looking for.

The Dues only has 3 coil options at this time (9", 11", & 13") be ready to dig some iron which will ring up as a high tone. They really do need to introduce a smaller coil to get better separation in trashy areas. The best things it has going over the other 2 choices is it can be ran in 4 different frequencies and it's ultra light, and is wireless.

I have never swung a Makro, but hear good things about the 2 series.

I am very familiar with the F75 and it has many coil options. Mine has boost process which can get you a little more depth than the other processes.

The AT pro could have found almost all of my finds.

If you are mainly looking for jewelry I think you should also add the Teknetics G2 or Fisher GB2 to your list.

Skippy SH13 does very well finding Jewelry with his AT Pro. He digs about 1000 pull tabs to every ring he pulls though. It's the price you pay when looking for gold jewelry.

Maybe you should PM Skippy, he's house bound now and I am sure he'd love to answer any of your questions and concerns regarding jewelry hunting with the AT Pro.

Thank you so much for taken the time to stear me in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I have never swung any of those machines, but if you are looking for a long term machine, I believe that having different coils to add to your arsenal is a major tactic.

With the Deus, the coils ARE the detector, and they look pricey. The other two machines also have accessory coils priced better than the XP unit.

If performance is equal, the coil availability will be a factor to consider.

Maybe this will help sway your decision.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, I'm happy to be PM'd and I'm also happy to chat by phone too. I'll send you my cell #, Truth, if you're interested.

I took a big jump in my "detecting" capability when I upgraded my coil on the AT Pro. If you're looking for depth, and addition 'oomph' when detecting for jewelry, you probably don't need a new rig... just a new coil.

Unless you're digging particularly trashy areas, upgrading to the NEL Hunter coil will give you quite a bit of extra depth. It's 12.5" by 9, rather than the 11x9 that is stock on the AT Pro. For whatever technical reason, I'm also able to better separate targets with the NEL Hunter. I've pulled gold off the TOP of iron with the Hunter, that I'm absolutely CERTAIN that I missed with the AT Pro. That particular area was a hot spot for lost items, and there was some rebar in the ground. I hit it at least a dozen times trying to figure out if I could pull anything off of it with the AT Pro stock DD. When I got the Hunter coil, it was the first place I went, and BAM... immediately pulled a gold ring off the iron. It was amazing. It was also only 2 grams of 10k (which is light and will show in the 40's). To be able to pick that signal out on top of a piece of rebar was amazing.

I know when I air test, I get another inch or two from the larger coil, but that's just air testing. I can't go more than 8" in any of my city parks, so I'm never pushing the machine to that extreme.

I can tell you, hands down, though, that a better coil will up your ability to pick out trash and good targets. I can hear rings better than ever, and I also cover more ground with every swing. The difference in weight is negligable (But noticable after several hours), and the construction of the NEL Hunter is definitely solid. Even comes with a coil cover that is nice and thick.

If you're looking at the Makro Racer 2, I can tell you the reviews I've seen have me VERY impressed with the response speed. Being able to pick out individual targets is critical for me... The depth on the Makro seemed pretty dang impressive, too. If I had money to blow, I might take a look at that product. But for me, getting 95% of what I want with a simple $125 coil upgrade pinched it. It takes a good year of clad to pay for a rig... only a month or two for coils. You might explore the coil market a bit more before sinking money into a new rig with "another" stock coil.

CHeers!

EDIT: I also just realized I've been pulling more small earrings out of parks than I did before with the AT Pro. I know my Stock coil couldn't detect most small studs (Air tested, even!), but I'll catch a whisper with the NEL hunter. In tot-lots, this thing is a jewelry finding whiz...

I love to talk to you Skippy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread