doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went with the 2 separate units since they work on all headphones and I already have a few pairs. Most of the time I hunt using a cheap pair that costs $4.99 since they still allow me to hear my surroundings when I am detecting. I do have a pair of Black Widows but hardly use them. You get 6 hours out of a charge, so if you hunt longer than that regularly you might want to invest in 2 sets. My hunts are normally 3.5 to 4 hours long. I allow the devices to die and later on in the evening I charge them up. When I got them I did not read anything, I just charged them up and began yo use them. The 1st day I hunted about 3.5 hours, the second day they died after about 2.5 hours. This is when I learned the charge is only good for 6 hours. So I plugged in my headphones to finish the hunt.

Ok so with all Headphones even lets say I used something other then the GG NDT and go with something hardwired to the headphone itself I can always put the wired part of the head phone end to the receiver in my pocket or attach it to my arm or something tie up the excess and that way still have the flexibilty somewhat of the GG NDT then. As I was thinking maybe the Whites Pro Star for this set down the road.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
G-bone

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally broke down and ordered a set of the Deteknix wireless adapter kit.
$89 + free shipping.

I'm like Loco in that I have Gray Ghosts for colder months and lite weight cheapies for hotter months.
So it'll be nice to use this setup for any pair of headphones I may use.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers all.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally broke down and ordered a set of the Deteknix wireless adapter kit.
$89 + free shipping.

I'm like Loco in that I have Gray Ghosts for colder months and lite weight cheapies for hotter months.
So it'll be nice to use this setup for any pair of headphones I may use.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers all.

I bought them for my ATP and my F75. It felt like FREEDOOOOM!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deteknix are great. You'll really like them.

BigBoom

Feb 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-trac,
Minelab Sovereign XS2a Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wireless is the way to go just got this 20170311_114130.jpg

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the z-Lynk too....
Having trouble matching up a good pair of headphones.
I got a suckass set from amazon, made in China, that was a fail.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the brush, I route my headphones wire, down length of arm, onto the arm cradle - it helps....
The issue is an old one, and getting wireless is the only answer, I agree...!

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tried 'em. Ok for some hunts. I can't hear the nuances of an analog signal with them. Miss the deep targets. Something in the digital signal is lost. It's nice not to be tethered to the machine but I like getting the jewelry and it's under 50 years of trash. Gotta listen for the 'squeak'.

TwistedT

Nov 15, 2014
Westmoreland County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher F5,
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried 'em. Ok for some hunts. I can't hear the nuances of an analog signal with them. Miss the deep targets. Something in the digital signal is lost. It's nice not to be tethered to the machine but I like getting the jewelry and it's under 50 years of trash. Gotta listen for the 'squeak'.

was that with the Z-Lynk foiler?

Freakin_Zincolns

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2017
Eureka Ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Cobra Beach Magnet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wireless headphones

I have a garrett at pro is there a recommended wireless headphone? i am 6'7'' and I have no slack in my line and it kills me everytime i go to dig a hole and my phones come off!

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Which ones?

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looking at the Deteknix it appears that you have to get an adapter for the transmitter in order to plug it into the detector's 1/4" heaphone jack point, and the unit has a short battery life.

The Z-Lynk is quite a bit higher in cost but has an estimated 20-30 hour life on batteries and plugs up to just about any detector without having to add a second adapter.

I'd like to hear from any F75 owners that got the Z-Lynk and get their input on it's performance, particularly in the area of possible target drop due to frequency or volume pick up.

TwistedT

Nov 15, 2014
Westmoreland County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher F5,
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to hear from any F75 owners that got the Z-Lynk and get their input on it's performance, particularly in the area of possible target drop due to frequency or volume pick up.

Dug - here is my review on the Z-Lynk (this was published on detect365.com - full article here: Garrett Z-Lynk Wireless Headphones System Review | Detecting365 Metal Detecting Magazine )
here is a quik summary of it - tested on ATP and an F5

It came in a nice little storage/travel case, all new and shiny, with all the parts and cables you need to get going.
Putting the transmitter on the detector took all of 3 seconds. Seriously, it is that easy. All I had to do was plug the supplied cable into the ¼” phono plug then plugged my headphones into the Z-Lynks receiver and was ready to go.

Next I turned on my AT Pro metal detector and the z-lynk transmitter and then the receiver. I turned the sound up on the receiver and adjusted the volume on my headphones and noticed that the sound is great – but I couldn’t tell any difference with or without the Z-Lynk.

Did a quick test on a couple of coins I had lying around – did not notice any lag when going over the coins. If there was any lag these old ears couldn’t discern it. Laid 3 coins in a row about 1” apart. Swept the coil over them and it picked each out with no noticeable lag time – each coin was clear and loud and separate, no blending.
Did a quick test to check on the lag by plugging in the headphone directly to the detector without the Z-Lynk and going over the coins again. It seemed to me to pick up the coins in the same spot with or without the Z-Lynk.

Later, I installed the Z-Lynk on another one of my detectors a Fisher F5. The results were exactly the same as for the ATP – sound is good and clear, no lag time and was able to pick up the coins. Did the same test as before by plugging the headphone directly into the detector, again it seemed to detect the coins in the same spot as with the Z-Lynk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions