I swear, I'll never get a chance to metal detect again...ARRGGGGHHH

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you jinxed yourself when we talked on the phone and you stated that your area has mild winters. :tongue3: Welcome to the real world. I am seeing a possible thaw coming here in about 7 days. I sure hope it lasts for at least 4 days so I can get one more day of detecting in before the big freeze. When the ground freezes, that is when I do more research and spend some time to better clean some of this years finds. I plan on sending my F75 to Fisher for a tune-up. My battery life meter has an issue and the detector continually shows all targets 2 inches deeper than they really are.

If by chance we run into a heat wave while the F75 is gone, I can always pull out the XP Deus and hunt or even pull out my trusty F2.

Hope you make it through these tough times.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is what it looks like here in Utah...I feel your pain!

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I know. We're all getting slammed here in the Pacific NW. I've got a buddy in Corvallis, Oregon, who told me it's blizzard conditions, there, today.

Definitely some moisture coming down the pipe! I keep thinking though, this won't last forever... this won't last forever.... this won't last forever.

I'm going to just have to up the sensitivity on the coil, I guess. :)

I guess its time to retire and go South, just wish I could.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We've got about 3 times that much white hell so far. As I just posted in another thread, if we have 2 more snow events like we did this last time, we'll be drifted in SO bad that I'll have to hire a wheel loader from somewhere to come all the way out here and dig us out. In all the years we've lived here, we've only been drifted in that bad twice, and both times were the last snowfall of the season. ...It's not looking good!

We have snow drifts here over 8' tall already, if that tells you anything.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've read some posts from other guys who have beeped the edges of the giant plow piles in parking lots....
Maybe you could check those out, and I suppose that the hunt would change daily as the snow melts.

Let me know how that goes....
If I don't respond, it's because, well..... I'm busy....detecting.....in the heat.....and sunshine....with beers....:tongue3:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
There is an Android app for that!

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've read some posts from other guys who have beeped the edges of the giant plow piles in parking lots....
Maybe you could check those out, and I suppose that the hunt would change daily as the snow melts.

Let me know how that goes....
If I don't respond, it's because, well..... I'm busy....detecting.....in the heat.....and sunshine....with beers....:tongue3:

I call foul, us snowed in folks deserve better! LOL

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I call foul, us snowed in folks deserve better! LOL

Yup.....
Kinda like the ex-smoker who won't stop ragging smokers....
I'm the New Englander who likes to bust the nads of all you guys with personal relationships with snow shovels.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup.....
I'm the New Englander who likes to bust the nads of all you guys with personal relationships with snow shovels.

I am from Maine originally and have lived in Colorado, Alaska, and now Utah.......tired of the white stuff

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the white stuff....in moderation. But when we get dumped on by 10" or more all at once, with winds howling over 50MPH causing major drifting, then the INSTANT the storm is over the temps plummet to -20-something, that's not fun. ...And this has NOT been a fun winter!

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been unseasonable warm here in Arizona, we has a couple of cold days, nights were near freezing so I winterized my RV. today Jan 4th I noticed my apple trees are starting to Bud.
By the way I feel your pain, I Finished high school in New Hampshire, went back after I got out of the service, but moved to Florida after I finished college in the 70's, the snow that year was unbelievable, I had a chevy nove but looking out the window of my apartment it could not be seen ,every time the snow plow came by it was burred again. I have not been back in 40 years

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Just Think. It could be worse. We could be Eskimos.!!! You know you got a problem when you start getting honked at by Penguins.!!! OR you ask the Mrs what for supper and she says "blubber". It's a problem. What's the old Eskimo saying, "Look Martha, dry land, Ain't it wonderfull.!!! :tongue3: :laughing7: Think about it. PEACE:RONB

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only personal relationship I've had with mine is when I hit the driveway crack, and the shovel handle is positions JUSSSSTTT right. Teaches me an instant lesson on how not to shovel.

LOL

SKippy

I remember that happening to me.:laughing7:
In all seriousness....to you Jerry, kcm, Barker, and all the guys snowed in this winter....
Stay warm, safe, and healthy this winter....

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I know what you mean, it's really cold here, I had to break out my jacket this morning... sunday, it's only getting up to 60!!! brrrr!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just came in from shoveling the next two inches, and while I was out, the really big flakes started to fall. LOL

You know what's funny is that when I was writing this, I thought, I'll be Loco-Digger is laughing at me, now! HAHA!

I'm certain I'm going to get out detecting before all of this finishes up, because the snow tube hill is just BEGGING me to come detect it. (which I'll happily oblige). Its just a bummer that now that, finally, today, I'm feeling better... and all I get to do is shovel snow! LOL

A male metal detectorist who is stopped because of snow and freezing conditions = Man Cold.

Cheers!

Skippy

I hope your using a snow shovel and not your hand digger. :laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup.....

th20G0V9KK.jpg

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Part of me was laughing my arse off because I've been snowed since the beginning of December. Then I realize if you guys are snowed in, there go half of the posts I can look at to fill my own void. Not cool 🌨🌨[emoji300]️[emoji300]️🌨🌨!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a snow storm in Connecticut last month, but, it did not last long. Before long, Connecticut will look like picture in # 1.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread